Walther Forums banner

141 - 160 of 182 Posts

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
Could have just left things alone with the old website format and saved all of us time and grief. Dunno about other long-time users, but my interest and use of the WF has dropped dramatically since the format change.

Reactions: ShipWreck

·
Administrator
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #142
Could have just left things alone with the old website format and saved all of us time and grief. Dunno about other long-time users, but my interest and use of the WF has dropped dramatically since the format change.

We explained in the following thread why the update was needed.

Please let me know if there is anything I can help you with.

- Cricket

·
Registered
2 Posts
I need advice I may be selling a gun and in return I will get cash and a P22. I can’t tell from the pics how good of a condition the gun is in but it looks ok. I have a serial number but I can’t find info to know if it’s a newer one because the older ones had issues I hear. ???

·
Registered
75 Posts
I've been adjusting to the new style and do like some of the improvements. However, I must have overlooked something. When I respond to a thread in some other forums, a small arrow appears as a marker to indicate that I've replied somewhere in the thread. I don't see any such marker here. It's nice to be able to scroll through a forum and see threads I've participated in, without looking somewhere else in the UI.

Thanks,
S

·
Administrator
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #145
I've been adjusting to the new style and do like some of the improvements. However, I must have overlooked something. When I respond to a thread in some other forums, a small arrow appears as a marker to indicate that I've replied somewhere in the thread. I don't see any such marker here. It's nice to be able to scroll through a forum and see threads I've participated in, without looking somewhere else in the UI.

Thanks,
S

There are two ways you can do this.

Click on your avatar near the upper right-hand corner of the site and select “following” from the drop-down menu.

This will bring you to a page where you can choose to view followed discussions, forums, your discussions, and participated discussions.

You can also look for the tiny eye.

How To Know If You Posted In A Thread

Step One:
Check your preference settings by clicking on your account settings under your avatar near the upper right-hand side of the community.

That will bring you to a new page with some left-side navigation. Select preferences.

Step 2: Make sure you have a checkmark in "Automatically watch content you interact with" and then click save.

Step 3: Now when you check popular or new posts you will see an "eye" under the title area.

It will also show on the thread list within a forum section.

- Cricket

·
Premium Member
1,705 Posts
Please accept my sincere apology. When the typos were corrected on this about us page this was missed.

I have sent a new ticket to get this resolved. Case #00245228

- Cricket
Fixing the two errors in the text seems to be more complicated than one would think. Are you sure that the errors really have been noted?

·
Administrator
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #147
Fixing the two errors in the text seems to be more complicated than one would think. Are you sure that the errors really have been noted?
Yes, a ticket was created, but they are resolved in order of priority so sometimes it can take a bit.

- Cricket

·
Registered
75 Posts
There are two ways you can do this.

Click on your avatar near the upper right-hand corner of the site and select “following” from the drop-down menu.

This will bring you to a page where you can choose to view followed discussions, forums, your discussions, and participated discussions.

You can also look for the tiny eye.

How To Know If You Posted In A Thread

Step One:
Check your preference settings by clicking on your account settings under your avatar near the upper right-hand side of the community.

That will bring you to a new page with some left-side navigation. Select preferences.

Step 2: Make sure you have a checkmark in "Automatically watch content you interact with" and then click save.

Step 3: Now when you check popular or new posts you will see an "eye" under the title area.

It will also show on the thread list within a forum section.

- Cricket
Thank You!! I already had the items checked but didn't know about the "all seeing all knowing eye"! Got it now!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Seems the platform update killed the community. This place is 10x deader than last time I checked in and I didn't think that was possible.

·
Registered
12 Posts
With ten posts since 2016 you are certainly doing your part.
probably because every time I come here. I catch up on months worth of posts in about 5 min. Walthers are more commonly talked about on other forums compared to this place. Besides, quality > quantity.

·
Administrator
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #156
The site will be transitioning from the dedicated support team (who works primarily with helping members transition to the new platform) over to our regular tech support team. Although this means it may take us a bit longer to respond to your questions, we will continue to be here for you.

Community FAQs

- Cricket

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
So, Mr. Cricket, here are a couple of basic improvement than can be made quickly and easily, IMO. 1) for the love of God, pleas get rid of the 1911 image on the main page banner (months now and counting on this simple request), 2) make user signatures available as a default, just as they always were, 3) do some soul searching and ask why traffic on the WF has dropped precipitously since y’all decided to dump the old website format. Regards, GeoNole94

·
Registered
4,314 Posts
do some soul searching and ask why traffic on the WF has dropped precipitously since y’all decided to dump the old website format. Regards, GeoNole94
Exactly... The more I come here, the more I hate this interface... It really, really sucks. And 1 by 1, they are changing the various forum website that they (the group that own several gun forums) own... To this horrendous interface. For example, people at the FN Forum and Ruger Forum do not like it either... It's not just the people here.

An admin at another of these sites claimed that people are unhappy in the beginning, but that traffic levels off after 3 months... But, as you just said... Many of the regulars will have left by that point. I know I spend far less time on each of these forums that have changed... And, I am almost at the point where I won't come back....

I have been a moderator and admin on many gun forums over the years. One does need to understand what it takes to run a forum more than this. It is very disappointing to see the commercialization of places all of us love to hang out at. As it is, ALL of the gun forums have seen traffic go down... Facebook groups have pulled a lot of traffic away from all the gun forums, compared to what it once was. Some of the biggest forums are just a fraction of what they used to be (as far as traffic is concerned). Stuff like what is happening here just punishes the people who have hung in there because we like the old style forums....

What we say here doesn't matter. They don't care - they will keep on going with this format, and will change each and every forum they own. And, nothing we say is gonna change that. And, as long as new people come to fill the void of the old regulars, they don't care about that either....

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
Your last paragraph nails it. Four days and counting since my post without a peep. I own and appreciate 1911s, but they are as relevant to the WF as a Glock.

·
Administrator
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #160
So, Mr. Cricket, here are a couple of basic improvement than can be made quickly and easily, IMO. 1) for the love of God, pleas get rid of the 1911 image on the main page banner (months now and counting on this simple request), 2) make user signatures available as a default, just as they always were, 3) do some soul searching and ask why traffic on the WF has dropped precipitously since y’all decided to dump the old website format. Regards, GeoNole94
I'm a Texas girl, not a Mr. ;)

1. I can talk to the folks in creative about the banner. Can you give me specific ideas on what y'all would want in the banner?
2. Signatures will continue to be the decision for each member and how they CHOOSE to have displayed, if at all.

We will continue to see regular updates (approximately) that are largely fueled by community feedback. While that doesn't mean we can action every request, it does mean we are actively listening to the feedback and sharing it with the developers. Click the updates link to see what we are currently working on.

- Cricket

141 - 160 of 182 Posts