·
Registered
1,200 Posts
PP or PPK, P38, P5, P99, PPQ

·
Premium Member
8,616 Posts
The P5 would be an interesting option being a nod to the 70s and the police/military contracts.
I notice no one has mentioned the new offerings from Ft Smith.

·
Administrator
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #123
I'd put on the banner five very different guns from very different time frames, for example:
  • Historic: Modell 4 (WWI)
  • Army: P38 (WWII)
  • Classic: PPK (Sixties)
  • First polymer: P99 (Nineties)
  • Contemporary: Q5
I'd certainly think it should reflect something of the development of the weapon and the elegant style.
Possibly a PP and/or PPK (ZM) certainly a P38, a P99 will show the evolution to modern poly style, the now iconic PPQ (any variant you wish but I'd love a Q45 showing a nod to the USA shooting public).
I think this would an impression of the style, grace and history of the weapons in a single glance and besides branding the name that is part of what a good LOGO should be doing for this site.

In summation: PP and/or PPK, P38, P99, PPQ(45)
The P5 would be an interesting option being a nod to the 70s and the police/military contracts.
I notice no one has mentioned the new offerings from Ft Smith.
Thanks for the input guys.

So if we have 3-5 of the above models that would work?

Do you guys have high-quality images of your own models we can use?

The challenge is finding good images that we are not copyrighted to use. I could maybe start a thread for you guys to submits high-quality images for the creative to review.

Jeff M

·
Premium Member
8,616 Posts
Have you considered asking Walther for exemplars? Over the years they have been very accommodating. Dieter Marschall may also have images of the quality you need.
I'm sure there are members here who would be willing to help out as well, the problem is that you will have images of dissimilar size, quality, and format.
I'd be proud to help out as I'm sure others would but again it will be a formatting issue.

·
Administrator
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #125
Have you considered asking Walther for exemplars? Over the years they have been very accommodating. Dieter Marschall may also have images of the quality you need.
I'm sure there are members here who would be willing to help out as well, the problem is that you will have images of dissimilar size, quality, and format.
I'd be proud to help out as I'm sure others would but again it will be a formatting issue.
Do you have a contact there, the issue is not using copyrighted images. So users normally are not high enough quality to use for the banner.

Any other websites where we can access this image.

Jeff M

·
Registered
21 Posts
I don't come here to be bombarded with juvenile horseplop. I'm not interested in ongoing emphasis of top contributors, reaction scores, points and similar Facebook-style preening. Previously everything was simple, straightforward and --with one scroll-- easy to read; now everything is hidden under a triple-canopy cyberjungle preoccupied with "community". I'm opting out.

To those of you whose company I've enjoyed for some years, God bless you. See you somewhere else.

M

·
Registered
21 Posts
I don't come here to be bombarded with juvenile horseplop. I'm not interested in ongoing emphasis of top contributors, reaction scores, points and similar Facebook-style preening. Previously everything was simple, straightforward and --with one scroll-- easy to read; now everything is hidden under a triple-canopy cyberjungle preoccupied with "community". I'm opting out.

To those of you whose company I've enjoyed for some years, God bless you. See you somewhere else.

M
Funny, for a forum supposedly preoccupied with "community" this one has got to be the strangest, most cliquey, least friendliest one that I have ever been on, i.e., Few or no welcomes to new members, non-existent moderators who are difficult to contact, posts that are perpetually in a state of "Awaiting Moderator Approval" for seemingly no good reason while other posts go right through, people asking you questions and then not responding or changing the subject when you answer them, elitist collector snobs who care more about the value of their guns than shooting them, pretty much everything that can be wrong with a gun forum can be found here in abundance. And they have the audacity to ask people to pay for a premium membership to this piece of shit? Not a good endorsement of Walther firearms for sure and I am now beginning to regret purchasing my new PPK/s. If this is the way the Walther community is I want no part of it.

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
Thanks for the input guys.

So if we have 3-5 of the above models that would work?

Do you guys have high-quality images of your own models we can use?

The challenge is finding good images that we are not copyrighted to use. I could maybe start a thread for you guys to submits high-quality images for the creative to review.

Jeff M
I can take a high quality image of my P.38...

·
Administrator
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #133
So it will be fixed next month or next year hopefully?
Please accept my sincere apology. When the typos were corrected on this about us page this was missed.

I have sent a new ticket to get this resolved. Case #00245228

- Cricket

·
Registered
47 Posts
Just wanted to chime in again that the new layout is confusing and very difficult to read, particularly with all the hidden signature nonsense.

Frankly, I don't come around much anymore because of it.

In fact, I'm only here right now because I irked the mods at a sister forum by pointing out the obviously disparate and inconsistent moderation of uncivil/toxic posts.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I'd also note that my post count is not correctly reflected. I have substantially more than the FIVE posts (now 6) under my name.

·
Administrator
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #136
Just wanted to chime in again that the new layout is confusing and very difficult to read, particularly with all the hidden signature nonsense.
You are in full control of selecting how you see signatures.

If a user has their preferences set to the default they will see collapsed signatures as in the example below for them. (They can click to see more.)

If a user has their preferences set to always show expanded signatures it will look like the example below for them. Your image can be clicked to view full size.

If you want to adjust your preferences for signatures you can click on your avatar near the upper right-hand corner of the site and select account settings.

In the left side navigation, you will see an option for preferences. Click it.

Scroll down to content options and select your signature preferences.

Please take a moment to read through our community FAQs and ask questions about anything you do not understand.

I'd also note that my post count is not correctly reflected. I have substantially more than the FIVE posts (now 6) under my name.
I am not seeing any missing posts in your account.

- Cricket

·
Registered
47 Posts
I appreciate the quick response.

With that said, my feedback remains decidedly negative on the new layout. It's a mess on my desktop PC and not easy to read. I felt the default color scheme/layout was very adequate on the previous iteration of this board.

While others may appreciate the ability to 'customize' the forum to their liking, I just want something simple, basic and intuitive. I don't feel like that is what I've been provided.

·
Premium Member
1,705 Posts
@Angry Hippo , opinions seem to differ widely. Personally I appreciate the increased functionality much more than I miss the well-known appearance. From the technical point of view I only see advantages. It has become much easier to navigate through the threads and keep track of everything.

121 - 140 of 182 Posts