Walther Forums banner

101 - 120 of 135 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,509 Posts
No it isn't just your PC. We are now the "Walter" forum. We all have to change our name to Walter. I call Walter Matthau.

·
Registered
655 Posts
I can see images via a web browser, after clearing the cache I'm getting the same results on Tapatalk. I'll try removing WF from the app and adding it to see if that helps.
I cleared everything but still haven't been able to see pictures in Tapatalk.

However today I'm able to see the first one of the three pictures OldFart posted in this thread.

·
Premium Member
8,509 Posts
The present LOGO is still horrible...it doesn't reflect who we are.

This logo reflected the past history of Walther and showed where we were going.

Certainly the Umarex 1911 toy(on the new logo) isn't really reflective of this forum even if one of the admins happens to enjoy it.

·
Administrator
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #111
View attachment 92473

Certainly the Umarex 1911 toy(on the new logo) isn't really reflective of this forum even if one of the admins happens to enjoy it.
I can certainly pass on your feedback to the team.

- Cricket

·
Premium Member
8,509 Posts

- Cricket
I think you'll find that there are a number of members who share this sentiment. We would certainly appreciate at least some consideration of this viewpoint. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,608 Posts
If for whatever reason you decide to keep the pic of the Fort Smith PPK then please make sure at least you're showing a photo of the current model. The pic on the forum's banner shows an early version with the unbalanced slide legend. It is neither classic nor contemporary.

·
Administrator
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #114
I think you'll find that there are a number of members who share this sentiment. We would certainly appreciate at least some consideration of this viewpoint. Thanks.
We share all feedback with the team and developers. :)

- Cricket

·
Premium Member
13,497 Posts
Houston, we have a problem. Same or similar problem I mention previously. I tried to edit an old post the other morning and this is what I got.

·
Administrator
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #116
View attachment 92473

If for whatever reason you decide to keep the pic of the Fort Smith PPK then please make sure at least you're showing a photo of the current model. The pic on the forum's banner shows an early version with the unbalanced slide legend. It is neither classic nor contemporary.
What logo and models would you guys like to see in the banner?

Jeff M

·
Premium Member
1,608 Posts

Jeff M
I'd put on the banner five very different guns from very different time frames, for example:
  • Historic: Modell 4 (WWI)
  • Army: P38 (WWII)
  • Classic: PPK (Sixties)
  • First polymer: P99 (Nineties)
  • Contemporary: Q5

·
Premium Member
8,509 Posts

Jeff M
I'd certainly think it should reflect something of the development of the weapon and the elegant style.
Possibly a PP and/or PPK (ZM) certainly a P38, a P99 will show the evolution to modern poly style, the now iconic PPQ (any variant you wish but I'd love a Q45 showing a nod to the USA shooting public).
I think this would an impression of the style, grace and history of the weapons in a single glance and besides branding the name that is part of what a good LOGO should be doing for this site.

In summation: PP and/or PPK, P38, P99, PPQ(45)

101 - 120 of 135 Posts