Walther Forums banner

81 - 100 of 135 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,497 Posts
I'm startin' to like it....well, maybe that's stretchin' it, but I'm learning my way around....things are getting easier, and no more poop on the right side of the screen.

Here's what I see when I go to the Walther Forum.

Then I click on 'NEW'.

Then I click on a particular 'thread'.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I think the new format looks great so far!

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
I go away for a little while and this happens. Wow. So much to hate about this new format, very little to like. Guess I'll go away for a bit longer. Very sad, used to love coming here.

·
Premium Member
8,509 Posts
I go away for a little while and this happens. Wow. So much to hate about this new format, very little to like. Guess I'll go away for a bit longer. Very sad, used to love coming here.
I am inclined to agree with you. There is a lot of crap you can get rid of (like those trophies) by unticking boxes in your preferences section.

If you read some of fart's suggestions he's done a fair job of figuring some things out. See if his suggestions help you.

Yes there is a lot to dislike with this new format and we have lost a few valuable experts like MGMike. They may return but I doubt it.

I'm giving it a month. I've been here about 8 years I can invest 30 more days.

·
Premium Member
1,473 Posts
The defaul format of the new software is really busy. There are lots of new features, but must of us on this forum are not social media types.

Olsoul is right. A lot of the clutter can be scaled back by editing preferences and filters.

My contention is it what have been better if the new software was set up to be closer to what people were already familiar with. Those that wished to could then opt in to the additional features. But that is not what was done.

On the plus side, searching works better and the forum is faster.

Hang in there. Give it some time. We've lost too many knowledgeable members already.

·
Premium Member
13,497 Posts
Hey, its change. Everything changes....nothing stays the same forever. I too, wasn't to happy with the new software, but, I worked at it and have now come to accept it. What's the other choice? Going away is not an option.....adapt and overcome.

I will say the search feature is a GREAT improvement to the previous software.....as it was about 30° worse than being anything by a joke. I always had to use Google to search this site. Not any more. :)

Somebody reach out and kidnap MGM and bring eem back.

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
I don't come here to be bombarded with juvenile horseplop. I'm not interested in ongoing emphasis of top contributors, reaction scores, points and similar Facebook-style preening. Previously everything was simple, straightforward and --with one scroll-- easy to read; now everything is hidden under a triple-canopy cyberjungle preoccupied with "community". I'm opting out.

To those of you whose company I've enjoyed for some years, God bless you. See you somewhere else.

M
This new format for the forum was an answer to question no one asked. If we lost MGMike over the change - it’s too high a price! I

·
Premium Member
1,608 Posts
I already mentioned it eight days ago that I'm beginning to like the new forum software. The GUI allows a much better, faster, and more efficient way of navigation than the old software. My only concern is that some things are quite hidden. It took me a whole week to find out how I can access the memer list for instance. Even there, the data is presented in a far more appealing design as before.

·
Premium Member
13,497 Posts
I already mentioned it eight days ago that I'm beginning to like the new forum software. The GUI allows a much better, faster, and more efficient way of navigation than the old software. My only concern is that some things are quite hidden. It took me a whole week to find out how I can access the memer list for instance. Even there, the data is presented in a far more appealing design as before.
Hey, I'm liking it too. Once you get er' set up and get rid of all that useless poop on the right side, it pretty much looks like the old GUI. And the search feature on this one actually works. :giggle: :giggle: :giggle:

·
Registered
655 Posts
I'm not sure if this is related to the site upgrade but I can't see pictures when using Tapatalk, it almost reminds me of if you are looking at an old thread and the images were linked to a website that no longer has the images published.

·
Premium Member
347 Posts
I am on a couple of other forums that use Discourse forum software, which is quite similar to XenForo.
So, it wasn't a big adjustment for me. It is just a matter of getting use to something new.

Pudge

·
Administrator
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #92
I'm not sure if this is related to the site upgrade but I can't see pictures when using Tapatalk, it almost reminds me of if you are looking at an old thread and the images were linked to a website that no longer has the images published.
This has been reported. Unfortunately, Tapatalk is a 3rd part app, so we don't have a lot of control over it.

Make sure you have cleared your Tapatalk app cache on your phone.

The site is responsive, so it will adjust automatically for you from any device desktop to tablet to mobile.

Have you tried accessing it from your phone browser yet? Try it and let me know what you think!

- Cricket

·
Registered
99 Posts
I am inclined to agree with you. There is a lot of crap you can get rid of (like those trophies) by unticking boxes in your preferences section.

If you read some of fart's suggestions he's done a fair job of figuring some things out. See if his suggestions help you.

Yes there is a lot to dislike with this new format and we have lost a few valuable experts like MGMike. They may return but I doubt it.

I'm giving it a month. I've been here about 8 years I can invest 30 more days.
I agree. I can’t even find how to post besides respond to a post already posted. I really dislike this new format.

·
Premium Member
13,497 Posts
Okay J, this is too easy. To start a new thread 'Discussion' do this.

Pick the topic where you want to create a new thread/discussion. I clicked 'Feedback, Comments and Issues'.

Next, click the 'Start Discussion' button.

That'll take you to a new page where you can enter the name of your new thread/discussion and any text.

Type all your stuff and click on 'post'.

Replying to a particular post is too ease, just click on 'reply'.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I like it, and can prove it by hitting the like button. I use the dark mode, as I prefer the dark, I like the alerts when someone comments, and or an e mail notification. I never use a laptop or desktop to go on the forum, I always use my phone here, so, I like the new format.:p

·
Administrator
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #96
I agree. I can’t even find how to post besides respond to a post already posted. I really dislike this new format.
How To Start A New Discussion Thread

Once you have selected which forum or subforum where you would like to start your new discussion thread (and you have navigated to it) you will see a “Start Discussion” button.

A new screen will open. Now you can add your title, content, and any images you may want to add to your thread discussion. Make sure to click the “post thread” button when you’re done.

We have some really good step by step FAQs that may also help.

- Cricket

·
Registered
817 Posts
I prefer the leave enhanced mobile mode with the previous version.

Mobile mode on any site not just this one requires more scrolling the PC desktop mode usually allows collapses move expand click to the specific page.

Consider if at all possible offering that option.
Thanks

·
Administrator
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #98
I will definitely pass on your feedback to the team.

The site is responsive, so it will adjust automatically for you from any device desktop to tablet to mobile. Have you tried accessing it from your phone browser yet? Try it and let me know what you think!

- Cricket

·
Registered
655 Posts
This has been reported. Unfortunately, Tapatalk is a 3rd part app, so we don't have a lot of control over it.

Make sure you have cleared your Tapatalk app cache on your phone.

The site is responsive, so it will adjust automatically for you from any device desktop to tablet to mobile.

Have you tried accessing it from your phone browser yet? Try it and let me know what you think!

- Cricket
I can see images via a web browser, after clearing the cache I'm getting the same results on Tapatalk. I'll try removing WF from the app and adding it to see if that helps.

·
Registered
599 Posts

- Cricket
The old format was responsive too. It needed a few enhancements the new software provides. Better search, easier posting of pictures and several more. I have accessed the site from both my iPhone XR and iPad Pro. One thing I hate of any UI is when it is different based on platform, and provides different data. I like the app better on my XR cause it doesn’t have all the unwanted garbage (excuse the technical jargon) on the right side of the screen that shows up on the iPad.

I also have an issue with the concept of having to become a premium member to remove functions or information I don’t want. Paying more to see less is bass ackwards. Unless of course what goes away are ads.

I know you can’t please everyone but this is a feedback thread. Thanks for all the hard work.

81 - 100 of 135 Posts