Walther Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Came across this over the weekend in case anybody's interested. I have no monetary interest in it just wanted to pass it along. Let me know if your interested and I'll pass his number along and a referral, I make nothing or get any type of kick-back, I just buy several guns a year from these guys. 99% condition I'd say.
Don't tell me you're opinions on the price either as I have nothing invested or to gain, just trying to help out a great gun shop with exposure is all.
Tray

Attachments

·
Registered
705 Posts
Any idea what year it is? Besides the grips is there anything extra about the gun that would makes it not be a for for EDC?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Any idea what year it is? Besides the grips is there anything extra about the gun that would makes it not be a for for EDC?

I certainly guess you could carry it, but it's a commemorative model in a French lined box from the factory and appears to be unfired. I believe they're getting a pretty penny on GB. No idea of the year, but it's not a S&W I can tell you that. I'd be all over it if I didn't have a PPK/S on lay-a-way as we speak, besides the next one I want is a blued PPK anyways. But, I might have been persuaded by this little charmer!?

·
Registered
705 Posts
So the price on the tag isn't the selling price. I thought it was too good to be true.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So the price on the tag isn't the selling price. I thought it was too good to be true.

No, that's the selling price. They're (Gun Store) policy is the price is set as noted on the tag consignment items, but the owner could actually lower it if it doesn't sell. No haggling on price to owner. This has been there one week, but I don't imagine it'll be there too long.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey guys, is this a good/fair/way off base price for this gun? I have no idea, but I'm thinking about snatching it up for myself if it's still there.
I know it has the decorative wooden French lined display case, but nothing else except what's in the picture, it does have that one "ding" you see on the tang too. fwiw

·
Premium Member
1,834 Posts
$800 doesn't sound unreasonable for what appears to be a decent looking US made PPK/S. I'd buy it, replace the grips, and sell the case on Gunbroker.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
$800 doesn't sound unreasonable for what appears to be a decent looking US made PPK/S. I'd buy it, replace the grips, and sell the case on Gunbroker.
I get that, but the gun is a "commemorative" run with those grips and the French lined case, I wouldn't want to break it up because that's part of the value, I'd think?

·
Registered
705 Posts
Look at the prices on Gun Broker you'd be hard pressed to find a gun in that shape for under $800 I would put regular grips and it would be my go to PPK.

·
Premium Member
1,834 Posts
I wouldn't want to break it up because that's part of the value, I'd think?
To me its value would strictly be as a shooter. It's a manufactured collectible that either Manurhin or Interarms came up with to catch someones attention. I don't know that there's anyone on this forum who collects these.

·
Super Moderator
7,512 Posts
I wouldn't worry too much about 'collectiblity', it's a quite presentable blued PPK at a not unreasonable price. Carry it for six months, and it will be worth half that.
I even like the faux-ivory grips; peddle the box if you're not charmed by it, and keep the gun for a safe/range queen.
Moon

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I wouldn't worry too much about 'collectiblity', it's a quite presentable blued PPK at a not unreasonable price. Carry it for six months, and it will be worth half that.
I even like the faux-ivory grips; peddle the box if you're not charmed by it, and keep the gun for a safe/range queen.
Moon
Hard to tell, but if it were a PPK I'd have done bought it, but alas, it's just another PPK/S :(

·
Registered
661 Posts
Reactions: 03hemi

·
Super Moderator
7,512 Posts
The caliber is more of a put-off than the /s IMHO, but a blued Walther in what appears to be minty condition would still be tempting.
Moon

Reactions: 03hemi

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The caliber is more of a put-off than the /s IMHO, but a blued Walther in what appears to be minty condition would still be tempting.
Moon
I get that, but my next one absolutely "HAS" to be a collector grade (95+) PPK in blue.
I just picked up my Manurhin, Walther from pawn sale jail, it's in 95++ condition with the exception of original grips.
I'm making a post on it so check it out.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts