·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone
I am new to this board.
Does anyone here collect Walthers?
I have a C&R and collect all types-
I am starting to lean toward Walthers as I find them more interesting than most other firearms.
I have a model 4, a model 5, a model 8 and a P38
I am looking at several PP's but have not narrowed it down yet.
I also have a project model 4 that I am looking for a safety lever, if anyone knows where to get one.
merc

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
I collect Walthers. I use to have a Model 4, but traded it to get a really nice PPK. Currently I have all the models that are listed in my signature. I've been on the hunt to collect one of each model, but I don't know if this will be possible. Especially when it comes to the older models such as the Model 6 which is very rare and commands a high price. I have contemplated just limiting my collection to the PP series with an emphasis on PPK's and then keep my P99's for shooting. By doing so I've thought about getting rid of my P88 and P.38, plus some others. I still haven't decided though.

Devin

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
P88
sounds like a plan.
My "collecting" was going in every direction at the same time.
If a gun (pistol or rifle) looked different-was old-was cheap-I bought it.
I too am thinking of starting to sell off the collection so I can conentrate on Walthers.
I would also like to get at least 1 example of each model.
The model 3 and model 6 are near impossible though.
I have found a model 1, 7 and 9 but the prices were a little too high.
Here is a pic of what I have so far.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
merc,

Nice collection! Looks like you're well on your way. I'll have to borrow a digital camera and show you some of mine.

I really like the old guns also. There's just something about them that makes them more appealing to look at than the newer models.

Devin

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Ok, Here's a picture of my P99's that I took a while back with a regular camera and then scanned in.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
very nice
now I want a P99 too

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
I had more at one time than I do now, but the collection is growing again. Model 4, Model 7, 1929 PP, '68 NIB PPK, PPK/S,
NIB PP Super, Baden Wurtemburg PP Super, too many P.38's to list, P1, P5, P88, P99.

I've had a M #4 and M #7 for some time. The Model 7 was a basket case and I paid very little for it. Fortunately there was no pitting.

I performed a total restoration on it several months ago that included new pins and springs as well as like new grips from Numerich's Gun Parts Corp.

After carefully hand polishing the steel, it was reblued using the Belgian bluing method. Today it looks like a brand new Model 7 right down to the polished brass rear sight.

It is standard collector practise not to alter an original condition example. In this case, it was too far gone to be worth much and the value has actually increased because of a carefully done restoration inside and out.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Hi Michael. Glad to see you're starting to get back into collecting Walther's again. And getting back on your feet again. It looks like you're off to a great start!

Devin

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Hi Devin. Hope you've been well.

Doing much better in the past couple of years. I manage a gun range and retail firearms store. I purchased my last one, a P5 from Earl about a month ago or so.

Have my sights set on another PP Super in the future.

Your collection looks like it has grown quite healthy too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts