Walther Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own several pistols that I carry in position 1, or "cocked and locked". Springfield XD Sub Compact is possibly my favorite.

I will pick up my PPS next week, and I have a question for current owners about the safety systems... does it seem to be a good design to carry cocked and locked?

It seems to only have the trigger safety (like a glock, which is an ideal gun for position 1), but I just haven't played with it enough. I know for a CCW it ought to be in position one or it just won't be effective if you need it. I also know that new designs take some time to really understand.

Any thoughts you'd care to share?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
I carry all my guns with a round in the chamber
I don't think "cocked and locked" applies to XD's, Glock's or the PPS
The PPS (once I get a black one) will be carried with one in the chamber ready to go

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I really appreciate the feedback. I'm excited to pick up the gun, and I'm excited to make it my daily carry. In fact, I'm looking forward to this gun more than any other in my collection. I like that it's an update to the PPK-- which will always be a classic carry gun.

I just have not been able to find any reports on "stress tests" and etc that engage how all the mechanics work on the new model. It's nice to hear that everyone feels great about it and there are no awkward mechanical features. Many designers tried to work without and external safety (on lower quality guns, to be fair), but added one to the final production models because design issues dictated. I'm a fan of beta testing weapons--it's great to be part of the history of the model. My grandfather was an early tester of the PPk and would write them letters on questions or issues he had. Great bits of history.

Anyone have a link to a stress test?

Thanks for the great forum.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
for anyone interested, this is a little sub-site on the walther site that provides some great animations on the safety system. Really informative and well done. Just look for the tab that reads "safety" across the top.

http://www.walther-pps.com/

1 - 6 of 6 Posts