Walther Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone got a reliable solution for co-witness with the Vortex Venom on the Q4 TAC. I absolutely love everything about the Q4 TAC except the fact that I have no rear iron sight once I put on the red dot. Do I just need to get a suppressor height front sight? If so, what do you suggest?

·
Premium Member
14,298 Posts
Hello wing. Yep, if you want to see your front sight, you'll need a taller one. Dawson can help you. I've installed a Dawson sight on one of my Q's.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are you able to get good hits/sight alignment with just the painted on "rear sight posts" on the Venom/Viper and the suppressor height sight on the front looking thru the red dot glass?

·
Registered
21 Posts
I used some white vinyl pin stripe on the back side of my rmr to replicate a rear sight and when aligned with even the stock front post I still make accurate hits. A suppressor height front sight would be even better

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
PI2Gun, my Vortex Venom has a rear sight picture already painted on but when I align it with the stock front sight post, my hits are high. I'm assuming that's because the red dot sits higher than the front sight post and so to "align" the front post I'm having to lift the barrel of the gun. Hoping a suppressor height front sight will correct that because this will be for everyday defensive carry and I want to be able to reliably defend myself if the dot goes out. I love the Q4 TAC and think it is a great defensive pistol but without the rear sight when the dot is onboard, not sure..

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Having said that, I watched a video of Aaron Cowan from Sage Dynamics shoot a pistol with no sights at all on it from 3 yards out to about 20 yards, shooting very fast, and he was reliably hitting in the "A" zone almost everytime. With no sights at all!!

·
Premium Member
14,298 Posts
Here's some options.

Shield RMS, using standard height front sight.

Vortec Viper and tall front sight (no center strip on rear sight)

On the left, Delta Point Pro and tall front sight. On the right, same gun as above.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Which tall front sight are you using and how tall is it? I clicked on the associated link and it just takes me to the website where lots of things are sold, not that specific item.

·
Premium Member
14,298 Posts
Hello there Wing....if you'll go back and look at the picture in post two...you'll see I included the packaging for the front sight. If you look at the packaging, you'll see its a .415 tall by .125 wide sight with tritium insert. That's what I'm using on my Match/Vortec Viper combo.

Go to this link https://dawsonprecision.com/dawson-precision-walther-ppq-ppq-m2-p99-tritium-front-sights/ click on the little 'drop down box' you'll see umpteen height options.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Here's some options.

Shield RMS, using standard height front sight.

I like the Shield, as you can use the factory front sight and it has a built-in rear iron sight. Being as the rear iron is not adjustable, how is the POA to the POI at say 15-20 yards? Also, being as it's a red dot, I will change out the factory front iron for a green fiber, when I get mine.

·
Registered
1 Posts
What height Sight for a Q5 with a Venom

I have seen posts where people are running a Vortex Venom and tall sights, but no one mentions what height sight they are running. I was hoping to eliminate much of the learn by repetition and get the right height off the bat.

I asked Vortex what height sight would give me a co-witness and was told they weren't aware of suppressor sights available for the Q5 :confused:. Which surprised the hell outta me (Dawson).

Thanks

CavAv8tr

1 - 12 of 12 Posts