1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
1,482 Posts
Congratulations. I still haven't heard back from CMP yet. They'll be selling these for years to come so I know I'll get picked eventually. It's just hard to wait patiently.

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
They'll be selling these for years to come so I know I'll get picked eventually. It's just hard to wait patiently.
We have to hope that's the case. IF the government keeps the program alive it may take up to 2 years for all of the 19K orders to be filled so patience is necessary.

One note. It would have been nice if the guys who serviced these guns took more time to match slides and frames by maker as much as possible.

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
We have to hope that's the case. IF the government keeps the program alive it may take up to 2 years for all of the 19K orders to be filled so patience is necessary.

One note. It would have been nice if the guys who serviced these guns took more time to match slides and frames by maker as much as possible.
All of the "unusual" or rare 1911s are going to auction it sounds like. Could be a Singer or two in there - who knows.

·
Super Moderator
7,303 Posts
Everything 1911A1 GI-ish at the last gunshow was crowding $2k. Curious if the new influx of pistols will affect prices.
Moon

·
Premium Member
1,482 Posts
1911 UPDATE — DECEMBER 7TH
We are working on assigning the RNG numbers to the 19,000 packets we have received. This will take some time — PLEASE BE PATIENT! It may take 30-60 days to inform you of your random number. Please DO NOT CONTACT US ASKING WHAT YOUR NUMBER IS.

As we process orders, we will call customers as we work through the list.

**If your information has changed (you have moved or your FFL has gone out of business), please DO NOT CONTACT US. You may update us when your number is selected and we contact you.

WE ARE NO LONGER ACCEPTING ORDER PACKETS.

EVERYONE will be notified if their order packet was not accepted so please be patient and bear with us.

Currently, we do not have a date when we will begin auction sales. Once that is determined, we will update our customers

Please check our website for updates - 1911 Information - Civilian Marksmanship ProgramCivilian Marksmanship Program

Thank you for your patience and support.

·
Premium Member
13,914 Posts

The people in Army Ordnance who rebuilt them were tasked to turn out serviceable pistols, not cater to collectors.

Fact of life.

M

·
Registered
1,129 Posts

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
I'm a little skeptical about this one. The grips are just a little too good, considering there is some tiny grip frame wear, and the mainspring housing shows just a tad of wear. How did that happen without the grips getting worn?

Just a guess.

This was most certainly saved/stored/maintained as an investment firearm (nobody will dispute this fact). The grips may have been removed/packaged to protect them, leaving the frame to show a century of handling/oiled cloth wipedown wear.

It would be interesting to check BELOW the grips for wear. If wear is there, that would certainly solve the "uneven wear" mystery.

Reactions: halfmoonclip

·
Super Moderator
7,303 Posts
The Gunbroker piece is amazing; presume there is real proof of its provenance.

Noticed the HS on the barrel lug of the fieldstripped 1911. What is its significance? High Standard?
Moon

·
Premium Member
1,482 Posts
I finally received an email from the CMP with an update on my 1911 order :

"This email is to notify you that your order has been received and you have been assigned a number through the random number generating process. You will find your number listed below. At this time, we do not have enough 1911 type pistols to complete your order. Should the Army send us another shipment of sufficient quantity, we will use those 1911 type pistols to fill the next orders in line. Please do not contact us or reply to this email at this time.

Your generated number: 16xxx

Thanks,
CMP 1911 Program"

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
I got my email a week or so ago. I was just over 10K on the list. Let's hope the Pols don't screw up this years shipment.

·
Super Moderator
7,303 Posts
I have a nice Remington Rand, and presume the gun came from the factory in its current format. Only the slide is marked; how do you tell the provenance of the lower?
Thnx,
Moon

Reactions: Jimbo80
1 - 20 of 21 Posts