Walther Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the original PPS M1 Classic 9mm. I ordered a Clinger V3 Stingray Holster for it. Received it super quick by when trying to use the holster the pistol would not “click” into the holster. It would shove in and hold the firearm but it’s not a smooth insertion not does it “click in”. I’m very use to these full Kydex holsters and my other models do click in their holsters. I called Clinger CS and sent them pictures. They were super awesome and even remade my holster and sent it to me quick. However.... even with this new holster and multiple times trying to adjust the screw retention screws. The fit is still the same as the first. It’s rough on insertion and won’t click in. Somethings not right or these Clinger holsters have an issue. Anyone experience this or have any advice? I want to like and use this holster but so far it’s a no go for me.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hybrid holsters do not normally “click” to secure the pistol. The Black Arch IWB PROTOS-M is the only one I’ve seen that does. On their holster the kydex wraps around the trigger guard and “clicks” when the pistol is inserted. Love mine.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Huh. I’ve got Lenwood, Tulster, Vedder, Patriot Holster, JM Custom that all “click” when inserted and slip in nice and slick. Not so (or even close) with this Clinger. Views on the web say otherwise. Not with this PPS m1.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Well, I have 3 Clinger holster's. 1 V3 Stingray for my P99AS, 1 V3 Stingray for my PPS M1 and a V3 Ultra conceal OWB for my PPS M1. None of them really "click". But they do lock in the pistol with the trigger guard. Can turn the holster upside down and retain the pistols. Smooth insertion and quick smooth draw. I only adjusted the tension screws to retain weapon as described above. Not really sure what else could be asked of the holster. I want mine quiet on the draw and re-holstering.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Rontech. Does the end of the barrel/slide go all the way to the end of the holster on your PPS M1? Mine seems to stop about 1/4 to 1/2 inch before the end (like it’s hitting something and won’t go any further). Just wonder what kind of clearance yours have a the end of the holster. All my other brands take the pistol to the very bottom.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have the same Clinger for my M2. It clicks in with no clearance top or bottom. Pretty much a perfect secure fit. The "click" comes when the front of the trigger guard snaps into the holster.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Rontech. Does the end of the barrel/slide go all the way to the end of the holster on your PPS M1? Mine seems to stop about 1/4 to 1/2 inch before the end (like it’s hitting something and won’t go any further). Just wonder what kind of clearance yours have a the end of the holster. All my other brands take the pistol to the very bottom.
Well mine has a little (1/8-3/16 ") clearance at the muzzle end. But the weapon is locked in by the trigger guard. About time for a pic of your issue. But mine and your's sound exactly alike. I have no issues with mine. And a "click" could be defined a number of ways by a number of people.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Well I have my Clinger and Vedder side by side. And the Vedder does make more of a "click" while seating. It appears to have a deeper indent for the trigger guard. I tend to adjust my tension screws a little looser than some due to the fact that I believe that cinching the belt adds retention and stability to the holster.
The distance from muzzle to end of pistol well is essentially the same for both. I think that you are seeing different design philosophies of the 2 holsters. IMHO, I like the Clinger over the Vedder due to the clip design. But I did just order a Vedder Light Draw OWB to try with my P99as. Hope this helped some.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for you help everyone. I’m gonna keep trying to adjust this Clinger as I do want it to work out. When I say “click” or “snaps in”. There is an audible sounds and feel of solid retention with all my other brand holsters. Not with this Clinger. And there just seems to be too much length left between the end of the barrel vs end of the holster. The entire way in I feel like the pistol is just rubbing against all sides and being forced in. Not smooth like all my other brands. I KNOW it’s the proper holsters as they even rebuilt it for me a second time after I send the pictures of the gun and holster. So I’m assuming they didn’t mix it up between a M2. Mine is a M1 Classic. Anyway. I’ll keep at it..... somethings still not right.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Good luck with it and I hope you end up liking it. The plastic clip makes it easier to put on and take off to me than the Vedder on my Beltman 1.5' belt. I have the full metal clip on my Vedder and it is MUCH more difficult to put on IMHO.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Update. I found some extra large rubber bushings (even larger than the extras sent from Clinger with the holster). These worked!! Now the firearm will go all the way to the end of the holster. It seems to slip into the holster MUCH easier without any “dragging” along the sides. It still does not really “click” in but I can tell it’s firm. Turned gun upside down and shook it a ton (unloaded of course) and it’s tight and secure. So guess this holster is now in the rotation. Thanks for all your advice.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts