Walther Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Make sure weapon is unloaded.

Lock the bolt back.

Use a .22 boresnake to clean out barrel.

Spray liberal amounts of Gunscrubber into the chamber and where the bolt is. Manipulate bolt back and forth and spray more Gunscrubber. Until clean.

Wait until this dries. Wipe off excess Gunscrubber with cleaning cloth.

Spray CLP into chamber, and bolt, to lubricate. Manipulate bolt, and spray more CLP. Clean up excess amounts of lube, and then put rifle away.

I intend to take weapon apart for a more thorough cleaning after 2000 rounds or so.

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
It is the easy and fast way to do it....
but the internals of the G22 are mostly alluminum and I detail clean my G22 after every range session to get the dirt out

·
Registered
48 Posts
How does the trigger bar fit in? I was cleaning the G22 and the rod fell out, I want to be sure I put it back in correct. Which end goes on the trigger?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Join the club, I got as far as taking the stock off, but I didn't know which 2 pins to remove to drop the action, so I gave up. Next time I'll try again.

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Ok
I have been talking about it on and off....
I will take some pics of this soon and post them here...

·
Registered
33 Posts
Thanks, would really appreciate it. Especially that metal box thing inside the butt of the rifle, at the very last process of dissassembly, I think. 4 black parts fell out of their various holes and I'm not entirely sure which way they fit back in.

And those small springs keep falling out. Almost lost them .

·
Registered
33 Posts
Okay, I managed to put it together. Took me a couple hours, and I almost lost one of the small springs.

How do you guys keep from losing those small springs? The V-shaped one keeps falling out, and when I try to put it back, it flips away really far.

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
I will work on this tomorrow.....
I been busy putting Pergo floor in my sister in laws house.... sorry it's taking so long but I will be done tomorrow....:D

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Allright...
this isn't a video... so not every step is displayed... but I am sure you all can fill in the blanks........

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
and here is the rest of it......
keep in mind that my G22 is set up for a lefty.... so on yours the cocking handle and ejection port opening is on the other side.....
also to take out the striker assembly you need to take out the cocking handle then you can go from there...
If I need to do pics of that let me know ..... but I think that is pretty easy

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Let me know if you need more pics or info....

·
Registered
48 Posts
The coil spring goes on the top or bottom? I've lost mine too and they're sending me a new one.
Another question, I put everything back (even the tiny V-spring!) but the magazine won't go back in. It gets stuck if I put the bottom half of the plastic rifle back on. It looks like the whole plastic section is half a centimeter too far back. This has happened before and I can't remember how I got it to work.

·
Premium Member
13,914 Posts
If I had one of these guns (which I don't, for reasons I won't go into here; everybody would just get pissed at me), I would be inclined NOT to take it apart, and NOT to spray CLP or anything else inside it.

.22 rimfire autoloaders produce an extraordinary amount of combustion crap that is deposited in the chamber and all over the bolt face and in the feedway, and lubricant left in these locations just attracts and holds more of this trash and makes necessary more frequent cleaning, and more disassembly, and so on.

I would clean these areas only, using naptha (Ronsonol) and Q-tips, and blow it out with compressed air as best as I could without disassembly, leaving it dry. It's not going to rust--it's almost all potmetal and plastic anyhow.

If any lubricant is necessary, a tiny drop of oil applied with a toothpick on the places that are shiny from rubbing together, and on the rear of the extractor (e.g., on the spring) where it will migrate forward, will be more than enough.

The chamber is vitally important, and must be kept scrupulously clean. This can be easily accomplished through the ejection port using a bronze bore brush bent at a 90 degree angle. The bore itself is immaterial--as a famous gunsmith, Roy Dunlap (who was also a smallbore champion) once said, "The bore of a .22 that has been fired one shot after it was cleaned looks exactly like one that's been fired a thousand." Roy would have said--and I also submit-- that it does more harm to repeatedly take such a gun apart to clean it than to leave it dirty.

M

1 - 20 of 21 Posts