Walther Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it OK to wipe down the outside of a blued PPK with Hoppes 9 0r Breakfree? Will it damage the bluing? What about the plastic grips?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
Doesn't hurt my PPK at all, been using Hoppe's on it since the '70's and Breakfree for at least ten years!!

Hoppe's of course works best cleaning out the bore.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Doesn't hurt my PPK at all, been using Hoppe's on it since the '70's and Breakfree for at least ten years!!

Hoppe's of course works best cleaning out the bore.
Hoppes also makes for a great cologne:D

·
Premium Member
26,071 Posts
My grandfather had a large gunroom years ago, filled top to bottom with the most marvelous collection of old Remingtons. Not only did his gunroom smell like Hoppe's, but much of the house reeked of it as a result. It's a smell you either love or ... would rather have cling to the garage or the workshop or the outhouse. But there's no mistaking the odor. Robert Duvall might say that it smells like ... victory.

·
Registered
489 Posts
I have used Breakfree type lube/cleaner on the exterior of many other guns for about 15 years with no problems, and for about 3 weeks on my new blue PPK.

·
Banned
7,055 Posts
I've used Hoppe's #9 for forty years on both blued and stainless guns...no problemo. HOWEVER, nickel guns are a different matter. Hoppe's will screw up a nickle finish if left on. Something about the mix of metals in nickel causes Hoppe's to eat away at it. Perhaps the copper content? Anyway, on blue and stainless it works great. And if you sneak in your wife's room and steal one of her perfume sprayers, you can use #9 as a cologne

Dep

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 7 of 7 Posts