Walther Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Who hardchromed that sweet looing thang....
looks way good...
I have a 2 sets of grips looking like yours (Zebrawood though) now I just need to get around to send me PP off someday,,,

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Who hardchromed that sweet looing thang....
looks way good...
I have a 2 sets of grips looking like yours (Zebrawood though) now I just need to get around to send me PP off someday,,,
Whoever sold me this old girl claimed it was stainless and I bought it so I can thread the barrel. The pistol arrived as nickel-plated and I had to yell at the seller but kept her. It looks to be a factory finish, but please correct me if you think otherwise.

P.S. There are some problem areas in the finish: discoloration around the grips, slight rust inside one of the hammer channel corners, a small pit on the finish on the right side of the frame. I love this cutie anyway, especially with them new grips.

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
I guess I should have noticed the nice red dot by the saftly lever.....
There never was a SS one made by Walther, and the SS Interarms made were only in .32 and .380....
So if you have a box that says Nickel it is Nickel.. that could well be posible... but it is hard to tell from those pics...
Walther did some facotry Nickel guns and the ones that were imported by Interarms were in a Silver looking "soft box" not like the regular black plastic ones.....

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I guess I should have noticed the nice red dot by the saftly lever.....
There never was a SS one made by Walther, and the SS Interarms made were only in .32 and .380....
So if you have a box that says Nickel it is Nickel.. that could well be posible... but it is hard to tell from those pics...
Walther did some facotry Nickel guns and the ones that were imported by Interarms were in a Silver looking "soft box" not like the regular black plastic ones.....

I don't have a box, unfortunatelly. The color has a slight golden tint to it.

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
It is Nickel if it has a gold/yellow tint to it....
you made out good I would say..congrats...
now put it away and buy yourself a shooter :D

One tip... if you are still going to thread the barrel... get in contact with Gemtech in Idaho....they can thread your barrel and make a adaptor for it... yea just like everybody else.. but they also make a thread protector that you can put on and then your barrel looks like original.... same diameter than the barrle and same length..... they do great work....
When you inquire about it they may say we dont do the PPK barrel but that is only due to their workload.....tell them you got the time and it might take a while for you to get the barrel back but it is worth the wait...

Oliver

1 - 9 of 9 Posts