Walther Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would appreciate a little feed-back on dates of manufacture for 100% German made PP/PPK. I am under the understanding that all post WW II model PP/PPK were produced jointly between Carl Walther Ulm/DO and Manurhin up until 1986. 1986 to 1999 all PP/PPK 100% German made. Inside the box of my 'Last Edition' PP (7.65mm), it states German production resumes in Ulm, Germany.

·
Premium Member
4,590 Posts
Rick...... you are right.....
I just looked in my Walther book.... The first PPK that was made post war in Germany was in dec 4th 1984 which was a experimental PPk only... and then full production started June 1986

·
Registered
120 Posts
Rick...... you are right.....
I just looked in my Walther book.... The first PPK that was made post war in Germany was in dec 4th 1984 which was a experimental PPk only... and then full production started June 1986
WOW!!!
Why'd they wait so long??

·
Registered
10 Posts
How do I determine the date or date range of manufacture of my "new to me" ppk/s?

serial number 255013 - france. Paperwork in box has the year of 1960 on it, but since I don't parlavous Francais, only American, I don't what that year specifically references.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
10 Posts
How do I determine the date or date range of manufacture of my "new to me" ppk/s?

serial number 255013 - france. Paperwork in box has the year of 1960 on it, but since I don't parlavous Francais, only American, I don't what that year specifically references.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
edit for serial number - 255013S

·
Premium Member
4,590 Posts
Go to the P38forums
post in postwar section of PP guns and somebody might be able to help you....
also you might want to look up Dieter Marschall there... he has the biggest data base in the world on the PP series
but the answer might just be as good as the year you already mentioned.... so don't get your hopes up too much... it might just be to confirm what you already know
Oliver

1 - 6 of 6 Posts