Walther Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In looking at P99, I am attempting to decide which is more suited to my shooting style. Any comments from those familiar with both types would be appreciated.

Thanks.

·
Registered
525 Posts
The QA has the same trigger pull every time, sort of similar to the way a glock's trigger is. The AS is more like a sig sauer or some s&w's where you rack, decock, then take your first shot as double action and the rest as lighter shorter single action shots. I very much like the AS trigger personally. The double action pull isn't near as nice and smooth as my sig 226's. The trigger reset is very short and the single action pull just fine. If you're used to a gun with a decocker, the AS trigger is the way to go. If you're a glock shooter the QA might be more up your alley.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I personally like the A/S trigger better because I like the t be able to just pull the trigger after you have used the decocker.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I've not tried the QA so I really can't comment, but I dearly love the SA, and would not change from it now...

·
Registered
11 Posts
New guy, 1st post. Why doesnt Walther web site have info on the AS trigger system? It's all about the QA. Thanks.

·
Registered
63 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Lazyace1975 @ June 15 2006,7:30)]New guy, 1st post. Why doesnt Walther web site have info on the AS trigger system? It's all about the QA. Thanks.
I asked this same question. It seems they are very very slow to updating their website. Ha, in fact... try and send away for a free catalog. People have been waiting months for them. Things move very slowly.

Check out this FAQ to answer MANY Walther questions:

http://www.praxagora.com/lunde/WaltherP99FAQ/

Personally, I chose the AS. It's what the P99 is really known for. The trigger is really something to behold. Oddly enough, I went to the range about a week ago to pick up my new AS, and a guy brought in a QA and was quite dissapointed once he tried the action on my AS. He immediately asked where I got mine

There is nothing wrong with the QA. I haven't fired one myself, but the action on it is still nice, but just not nice enough for me to buy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts