Walther Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the proccess of getting a new job in Armed Security.
This new Security Company hires only former Military and or Former Law Enforcement and trains them in security, bodyguard, investigative, corporate and executive protection etc. I have enjoyed meeting the people in this company but I notice that most of the younger men in the company carry Glocks. Myself and one other officer carries the P99 and one guy carries the Beretta 9mm. (same as the US Military)
How many members here use their P99 for work ?

My Walther hits the middle of the silhouette pretty regularly even at 60 to 70 feet. At 25 to 30 feet I am only looking at the bulls eye with this Pistol.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I would use mine for work, but then my boss would ask my why I keep shooting my phone...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know what you mean, I've had jobs like that. If you would ever grab the Walther instead of the phone you might just "shoot" your mouth off.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I currently carry my P99(9MM) on duty as an LEO. It is the single most accurate pistol I have ever fired. It carries very comfortably, also.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Shooter,
If you don't mind saying.... what type of rounds do you carry as an LEO and do you carry a back up weapon?
I am new to this type of job and open to any suggestions.
thanks in advance.
Ren

·
Registered
43 Posts
I carry SPEER 124 grain +P Gold Dots. My backup may be a Colt snubbie .38Spl or a little Beretta 950 .25ACP. Sorta depends on my mood. In cold weather, my backup is in my OFF side pocket of my jacket.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I only wish they invented the P99 back when I was an LEO in '70s and '80s. It is what I rely on to protect myself and my family daily. That is the best testament I can give.

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
I carried mine when I did armed security. The Glock, though a great Austrian pistol is way over-rated.

I'm now the Gunshop/Range manager for the same company that owns the security company and carry either my P99 Military or my P88.

I would have carried the P88 for duty, but good retension holsters are hard to come by for the P88 unless you order from Earl or direct from PWL.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts