Walther Forums banner

CHL and P99

1K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  fpnunes 
#1 ·
Took the renewal class for my CHL today - sick of taking these classes - this is the 4th time I've had to sit thru the class since I first got my permit in 1996.

Passed the shooting part with my P99 very easily. :D

In fact, when they saw I brought a P99, they told me I automatically qualified without having to take the class. But I still insisted on earning my score. So, i shot anyway :D:D

#6 ·
P99

Bummer, 4 times in 10 years. Colorado's is good for 5 years and as long as you renew before it expires, there is no re-qualification. You just have to submit an affidavit stating you still qualify as far as no felonies etc...
How long have you had your P99? I hope to get one this year, I had to satisfy my Walther fix with getting a P22 for now. Still haven?t got to shoot it yet!

-bob

#7 ·
Well, I've had my P99c and SW99 since Nov 2005. My fullsize P99 - I bought it in June 2006.

In 1996 when the permits first started being issued in TX - 1/2 got a two year permit and 1/2 got a 4 year permit. The STATE chose who got what - U had no choice. They didn't want everyone renewing their permit at the same time (the initial batch who applied).

So, my first was good for 2 years. Then #2 and #3 was good for four years. Now, they are good for 5 years. They changed it last year. But, ya still gotta requalify and take the damn class each time.

I had used 1911s in the past for classes #2 and #3. On #1, I used someone's borrowed Ruger P85 because my Glock was incapacitated at the time.

#10 ·
Not to mention the fact that with the decock, the AS carrier is about a 100 times less likely to have a negligent discharge. :)

I really like the Glock pistols and have owned/carried a 26, 27, 19 and a 23. That said, I can't express how warm and fuzzy the AS function makes me feel when I'm reholstering my firearm.

It's nice to have a firearm/system that I don't have to worry about shooting myself in the bum with everytime I go back into concealment.

It's a good thing. :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.