Walther Forums banner

241 - 260 of 498 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hey Guevera

do you have that email address for the JEFF that responded to you....sounds like he is who I should be talking to instead of this Don guy, who doesn't seem to know anything about the issue!

·
Registered
404 Posts
Hey Guevera

do you have that email address for the JEFF that responded to you....sounds like he is who I should be talking to instead of this Don guy, who doesn't seem to know anything about the issue!
Yeah - you can contact him here. This isn't to say he knows anything in particular (or at all, for that matter), but at least he seems sort of a gatekeeper for incoming repairs.

"Webb, Jeff"

[email protected]

·
Registered
70 Posts
Week 4 and still nothing...What's the record for S&W customer service's holding onto a PPS for this purpose???

·
Registered
56 Posts
Bought a pps .40 s&w yesterday brand new. Has the tab and the date code is BA fired on 2/6/10. Only has 1 6 shot clip.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Should have gotten the part from Walther & done the mod yourself. They have had your gun for over a month. I took less than an hour to do the mod myself. Easy.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Should have gotten the part from Walther & done the mod yourself. They have had your gun for over a month. I took less than an hour to do the mod myself. Easy.
With all due respect, I personally have no business performing any firearm repair that will take more than fifteen minutes like to swap sights or clean my PPS, let alone an hour - especially on a firearm I trust my life to.

I'd much rather dust off my Beretta 85 while my PPS has gone home to Springfield for an unknown length of time while the pros take care of that sort of thing.

·
Registered
70 Posts
At this point, I would be happy to give it a try...If/When I get no response to today's email to the honorable Ms. Fredette, I will suggest that they ship my gun and the part in question to me for this.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I live in Mass

I called S&W. My test shells date back to 08! They conferenced with their gunsmith. He told me that there is only one update. That being the Slide Stop tab, the subject of this thread. They are sending the part free of charge. I had to ask for their manager to authorize the warrantied part. I also tried to get the S Disconnect. But they explained, nicely, that being a Mass State Resident, it was a no go.
If anyone knows of a way to get the Standard Disconnect, then, please advise.

Happy to own the best CCW, a PPS, German made, 9mm. Still enjoying mind boggling accuracy. And easy every day carry. Sam Dog and I go hiking in the woods. Coyotes beware. And any bad guys just forget about it.

Jack

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
I spoke w/ Don yesterday he is still unaware of the problem. I asked for Kate Fredette by name and was told she would call me back. I asked for a shorter front site and he is going to ask Jake about it today. My local gun shop has not heard about the problem. This scenario brings to light the true value of the of the Internet. Without it I would be unaware there was even a problem. This is the gun I trust with my life. If it was just a range toy I would not even be worried about haveing it fixed. I will keep you posted. Maybe I should just write a note and mail it to Jeff.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi. New guy on the forum first post.
Glad I saw this and thanks for the info.

My new in the box PPS is a BA and has the old style set up.
The test bullet envelope is dated 3-22-10 fired by Manfred Kloker.

I've only shot 200 rounds, no failures.

I bought this pistol from Cabelas before I left on a trip without doing my usual amount of research .. later I noticed some scratches/marring on the slide. Also I think I paid too much as it turns out ... only got one 7 round mag too. :(

I really do like the PPS so far though, hope I can depend on it.

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
I can't believe this thread is still kicking around. Does any one know with what serial number Walther used the new style FRAME with the new slide stop? Any one in contact with Kate from S&W?

·
Registered
5 Posts
My personal opinion is that Walther/SW should have recalled all the pistols with the potential (but seemingly inevitable) problem and fixed it! No one should be caught in a life threatening situation and have a failure. It's a problem. I can't return my pistol from where I purchased. I can either choose to wait for a failure or send it back to get corrected with the latest and greatest parts. I've emailed Kate and awaiting an answer. I don't feel we should have to pay for this or wait a long time to get it back. Let's hope 'they' do the right thing and correct the problem. Thanks for listening.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
I can't believe this thread is still kicking around. Does any one know with what serial number Walther used the new style FRAME with the new slide stop? Any one in contact with Kate from S&W?
Yes, this one and Trigger Pinches it is rather amazing.

241 - 260 of 498 Posts