Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Not my taste at all.....
I rather have a "factory" engraved P99....and no way to these grips :eek:

·
Premium Member
26,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You guys are sure picky. And the price is ... well, it's just about right, I'd say. Yeah -- that's the ticket! :p

·
Registered
328 Posts
Notice in the photo, the dust cover.
Who ever did the engraving didn't clean things up. There are plastic shavings hanging off the gun.

·
Premium Member
26,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
All right -- at last a man who knows exactly what he wants and isn't afraid to go out and get it. Just don't let the wife know ... ;)

·
Registered
122 Posts
The pimp culture has invaded Germany! Engraved plastic and stag horn - now that takes some imagination! Bet it would look great with some new 22" spinners on the Benz.

Out West

·
Premium Member
26,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sometimes beauty is in the shooting eye of the beholder. Witness this one:

http://www.collectorsfirearms.com/admin/product_details.php?itemID=13498

Or try this one on for size:

http://www.collectorsfirearms.com/admin/product_details.php?itemID=13508

Given the prices that they are asking, you'd think that these things were made of spun gold and silver and assembled on a Bond girl's tanned thigh. On the other hand, some folks out there love this sort of thing and can't wait to add it to their collection. I've never been a fan of engraved guns of any type, but you'll see lots of threads -- here and elsewhere -- from folks who rave about them.

It's hard to argue with that shortened, pimped-out PPK, however. What man wouldn't want THAT one in his trousers? :D

·
Registered
25 Posts
Wow that is some amazingly bad engraving in my mind. I had to look and see if I saw any engraving on that site that I actually liked. Well it took a bit, but this Walther actually has some nice, understated engraving.

[/HTML]

Note that this engraving was done at the factory, not by an individual.

Jeff

1 - 20 of 44 Posts