Walther Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
That's just wrong!!!

Don't get me wrong, I like looking at guns ... but to lead me on like that ...

You are just a tease!

Just kidding. Looks nice and it makes me jealous. I still like your hardchromed P99's and they are my favorite of your collection you have in the picture.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Your Missing the PPS man, WTF over. How is the 5-7 doing? I can't bring myself to buy it because of the bullet ballistics but I have only heard good things about it.

·
Registered
4,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Your Missing the PPS man, WTF over. How is the 5-7 doing? I can't bring myself to buy it because of the bullet ballistics but I have only heard good things about it.

I may or may not get the PPS - not sure. It's not much different in size over the P99c to justify the cost, I think...

As for the 5-7, there is a lot of misinformation out there.

There are tests done by people on various forums that are pretty impressive. There are 2 on my FN Forum where someone used a bullet tube tester. The 197 ammo results were pretty good.

Someone else recently posted about killing a coyote on another site too. 1 shot put a massive hole and blew out several vertebrate.

Most of the neg stuff about the round is just repeated info from guys who don't like anything new.

My five seven is my nightstand gun, actually. After my son was born, I got one. 5.7 ammo fragments on hard targets, and with the 197 ammo - it will not go thru as many interior walls as a traditional handgun round.

The 1 neg I can see about the gun is that if you carried yours as a carry gun - you wouldn't be shooting thru windshields probably. But, mine is for household defense.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Ahoy Shipwreck!

I was reading your posts on either the FN forum or the Beretta forum about your new PX4 and your liking of it.

That helped narrow my search from the 92FS/Cougar/PX4 to just the PX4, which I picked up Friday.

I took it out yesterday and put 100 rounds through it.

Is very nice!

Thank you!

PS: My nightstand gun is my .40 S&W P99. Love it, love it, love it!

·
Registered
4,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ahoy Shipwreck!

I was reading your posts on either the FN forum or the Beretta forum about your new PX4 and your liking of it.

That helped narrow my search from the 92FS/Cougar/PX4 to just the PX4, which I picked up Friday.

I took it out yesterday and put 100 rounds through it.

Is very nice!

Thank you!

PS: My nightstand gun is my .40 S&W P99. Love it, love it, love it!
I'm glad U like it. I have had mine a week and love it :D

·
Registered
71 Posts
wow, thanks Shipwreck. Kinda EXPENSIVE! I found something similar at Wally-World for only 3 bucks! Its designed to hold dishes while they are drying. but hey, nobody's gonna look in my safe but me right?..LOL:p

·
Registered
4,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
So...are you going to get the slide of the px4 hard chromed?

No - One day I may try NP3 with it - depending on how hooked I get onto it. But not hard chromed.

Several people have done the NP3 with the PX4. No one had done hard chrome. I'm not sure how it would effect that rotating barrel. The Np3 is a much slicker/slipperier finish than the hard chrome.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts