Walther Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, guys. For 3 bucks you can try this slick grip fix. Go to wallyworld and buy a 1x1/8x27" bike inner tube. These are the innertubes for the skinny tires on the road bikes.
Cut about a 4" section and go to streaching and tugging and pulling it on over the grip. Pull it up to the trigger guard and as high up the backstrap as possible.then pull it on some more so it's not streached out from top to bottom. like a natural fit. Take a sharp knife and trim as you want.
It works great. It's way thinner than the slip on grips on the Glocks. thin enough that even the little dimples on the backstrap and the finger ridges print through. so you have to look close to tell it's on there. If it's the black model Walther that is.

Does it work. Well, with my weak hand, I would have to stop and re grip after 4 or 5 shots. And now I can rip a full cap mag full and not lose hold of it.
With 1 innertube you do a dozen gips or more. So if ya screw one up, just cut another
So for 3 bucks it's worth a try...

·
Registered
39 Posts
I tried the size of innertube that you suggested and had much difficulty getting a piece the size you recommended on the grip. What I may do is cut the tube into smaller 1" sections and make them ranger bands and see how that works. Have you tried any other sizes of innertubes?
                          Thanks

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hay EB, The first one is always the hardest, cause your learning some tricks. i just redone m P99, and it took less than 5 min to do.
Some of the tricks I've learned.
Cut your orginial strip a couple inches too long. and use this hang over as a handle to pull over the grip mag opening. Pull some extraa over the front strap and pull it up the grip form the top.. Then use the handle to pull over he backstrap and then pull it up form the top.
Work it on an up altiile at a time.
pull it up till it starts to wrinkle from being too log.
Trim the bottom edge at the magwell even or a little long like 1/8"
In a few days or so it will work itself into an even flex all the way arround and up an down.

In other words, if you had it really streached on one side and the ther side not so streached, in a few days it will move itself into an even streach all the way arround AND top to bottom..
I use the little ridge lines on the tube to try and get it pulled even arround the grip, and leave it about 1/8" long. As it tightens it fits real good and will be just a tad above the magwell.

A bigger tube would be easier to get on, but won't be near as tight.
This is the only size I've tried and I liked the way it fit.
But try some other size if ya want to and let us know how tit works. JB

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hey JBA, any chance of some pics?
This sounds great, but I would love to see how it looks. I don't want to make this fine German pistol look all "getto"

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi ya Mr P. sorry but I got no way to post a pic. But it's almost blends right into the black frames. Almost no one has noticed it was a a slip on type grip(inertube). They are handling it pointing it shooting it. And then I tell em it's an inner tube. and their ammazed.
It streaches so thin that the lil dimples onthe backstrap are even raised on the tube grip.
hay walmart sells them for $3 so there's little to lose. I've cut several about an inch long and used em to strap my wrenches, allen wrenches together in truck tool box. Like heavy duty rubber bands.
I also put one on My Kahr PM9. and was like night an day on that lil stubbi pocket rocket..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts