Walther Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I do not remember where, but I read somewhere that the P88 mags and the beretta 92F mags use the same mag body and follower the only difference being the location of the cut for the magazine catch. It is true I tried it and it works great.

Hey so if you take beretta 92f mags and cut a small notch for the magazine catch they work perfectly in your p88.

I would trust my life to it.

You can buy 92F mags for about between 10 and 20 bucks.

It sure the hell beats spending 100 dollars on 1 mag.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have been talking about this mod for a good 12+years now.

Years ago, I just set up a mill to cut the notches and had a bag full of magazines in 20 minutes:) . It takes a bit longer to do with a Dremel and very ling with a hand ile.

Way back then all we had were 15 round Beretta magazines, 18 round Ram-Line magaines and I even did a couple of 30 round extended mags.

Today we are blessed with the new generation of 17 round MecGar magazines.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How about I mail you some mags and you notch them for me. Doing it on a dremmel is a PITA.

I would be willing to pay.

Thanks for considering it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Normally, I would say yes to that. However, my business partner has been deployed to Iraq for 14 months so we moved out of the big shop we were renting and the mill is sitting in a warehouse not connected to power. I probably won't have it set back up for 6 months or so.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts