Walther Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I personally don't care for the palm swell built into the Houge universal slip on wrap but the rubber texture makes for good grip traction. A friend of mine who's an avid Glock man got a G19 for his wife and she dosen't care for the slip on either. Their solution was to slip a piece of bicycle inner tube over the grip. After trying her gun last weekend I decided to try it on my P99. I like it!

·
Registered
471 Posts
That looks pretty good toeball. It might even be better than the market one. I had one of those Hogue wrap jobies on my Sig 226 for several years but with time, use and solvents it stretched fairly bad and became a liability, so I thought. I'm used to just the plain ol grip now. With your innovative wrap there, you could replace it often if you needed with very little expense. How was it to put on? Did you have to soften it in some warm water first?

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just got it a bit wet and worked it on. Actually I cut it oversized and after working it on I trimmed it with an exacto knife for a better fit. Nice and cheap install for sure, especially since I mountain bike and usually have flat tubes laying around.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Well, it looks pretty good. I'm impressed! What size of tube did you use?
Let us know how it works out over a period of time, K?

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's a Kenda 26x2.4 heavy wall tube. I don't think it really matters though. I've got 150 rounds through it. It's grippier than a Houge, but not soft and padded like one. Definatley feels like the gun's easier to control. Downside is I'm sure it'll be a dirt magnet so I'm addind a quick rinse to my weekend post shooting cleaning routine. Dosen't really need it badly, but if it's built into the regiment I won't forget when it is needed and the gun will be consistant feeling every time. I'm going to try exposing some scrap tube to some CLP to see how/if it's affected, but since I generally don't oil the grip of my handgun it shouldn't be to bad even if the reaction is less then favorable.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No reason to be insulting...

No it does but the smell is going away. Wasn't that strong to begin with but mabey it was because it's a used innertube, not sure.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Sorry, didnt mean to be insulting, just wanted to report a sideffect of using an inner tube.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Official inner tube?

A quick Froogle search turned up Houge, Pachmyr and Crimson Trace, as well as a signature grip?

Anyway, here's the link.

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Yes...... the link above is would take you to one.......
here is the direct link of the above post by toeball

for PPK/s

1 - 14 of 14 Posts