Walther Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a couple of P88 magazines from cdnn (promags). They did not lock the slide back on my P88. So I decided to modify them to work in my Bersa Thunder 9mm.

Check to make sure weapon is unloaded

Check to make sure the weapon is unloaded

Check to make sure the weapon is unloaded

Field strip

Remove the grip by push up on the screw thing and turn 45.

Then removed the grip.

Then remove the magazine release. with a small screw driver push in and then turn the screw counter clock wise 45 degrees. It should just slide out.

Dissassemble magazine you wish to modify

Place magazine into magazine well.

Mark the location of the magazine release with some easy to see. A sharp scribe or a super fine sharpy will work.

Working on the right side of the magazine use a dremel to cut out the magazine catch. Becareful to not remove to much on the top edge. This will take a little trial and error. Take your time.

Finally Square up the notch at the top at the top behind the magazine lips.

The mags where 9.00 bucks a piece. I destroyed the first one being stupid. But it helped me perfect the technique. I then made 4 more really easily. I plan to buy a few more from CDNN.

Give it a try. What do you have to lose. The factory mags cost like 60.00 bucks

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes converted promags lock the slide back. They only hold 15 rounds. It is great for range work though.

But for me the Bersa is just a range gun anyway.

It cost me 300 dollars out the door. Great gun for the price. Maybe some day I will have it refinished. But something about a pig's purse comes to mind.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts