Walther Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looks like my new .40 p99 has a non-functioning chambered round indicator. i'm talking about the lever on the right of the slide, which supposedly moves inward to expose a red marker when a round is chambered. it does nothing. i can move it in with my finger etc so see how i think it should work, but when a round is chambered, it stays right where it is. gun fires and otherwise operates fine. ideas?

·
Registered
178 Posts
And it extracts the spent case fine also? IIRC, (mine isnt in front of me) the indicator is basically....the extractor itself. When it slips over the rim of a cartridge, the opposite end gets recessed and shows a little red painted spot on the slide. Maybe yours is missing the red paint?

Can you take a picture for us?

·
Registered
101 Posts
The 'lever' is actually the extractor itself. As M700 stated, you may just be missing the red paint.

My P99 .40 extractor doesn't move a whole heck of a lot when a round is in the chamber, so the red paint doesn't show very well. I wonder if that is what is happening to you also.

--Ben

·
Registered
116 Posts
Hi, my P99 is still at the FFL and since I can't play with it I read the manual...it says that cleanung fluid will not hurt the grip but may clean off the red dot you are rederring to! Just another possibility...Bruz.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
[b said:
Quote[/b] (venom600 @ Dec. 06 2002,5:39)]The 'lever' is actually the extractor itself. As M700 stated, you may just be missing the red paint.

My P99 .40 extractor doesn't move a whole heck of a lot when a round is in the chamber, so the red paint doesn't show very well. I wonder if that is what is happening to you also.

--Ben
sounds about right. after closer inspection, i notice the extractor *does* move in just a little bit with a chambered round, and the red paint is just barely visible. but i'd say that 90% of that paint mark, which i can see if i press in with a finger nail etc, is still hidden. not a very clear indicator, for sure.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts