Walther Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
846 Posts
Kalinka,

Why would you have only one gun? :)
PPS is great for carry, I have Classic. However, since you've mentioned "other Walther options", try the PPQ, just rent it one time. You will thank me later!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Ooooh, how much to do an entire 1942 P.38 in flecktarn?
Sorry it has taken 4 months to respond, we have been full tilt boogie with production work for Walther and our custom work for individual customers was very limited. Due to the Covid-19 gun buying rush our production projects are very limited now and we are back to doing custom work for individuals. If you are still interested in pricing, you can give us a shout at [email protected]. we would be more than happy to take care of you.

·
Registered
14 Posts
It's your gun! Do what you want.

Not to be a smart guy but it comes down to that.

If you are doing it for practical reasons though, your PPS out of the box is already pretty corrosion resistant. More than you probably need it to be unless you spend time in salt walter with your gun.
The ocean has 2.5% salinity, you perspiration is double that. Cerakote has been tested in a salt spray chamber at 98°f and 5% salinity, along with all other common firearm coatings, Including Stainless steel. It's nearest competitor showed the 1st signs of corrosion at approximately 70 hours. They stopped the test at 2000 hours when Cerakote had yet to fail. So the ocen is kids play, what you meant to say is yeah get it coated if you carry your gun, or dont wipe your gun down with light oil after you handle it, or forget to change out your desiccant cartridge in your gun safe, or you are not diligent about gun cleaning, or...

·
Premium Member
1,475 Posts
The ocean has 2.5% salinity, you perspiration is double that. Cerakote has been tested in a salt spray chamber at 98°f and 5% salinity, along with all other common firearm coatings, Including Stainless steel. It's nearest competitor showed the 1st signs of corrosion at approximately 70 hours. They stopped the test at 2000 hours when Cerakote had yet to fail. So the ocen is kids play, what you meant to say is yeah get it coated if you carry your gun, or dont wipe your gun down with light oil after you handle it, or forget to change out your desiccant cartridge in your gun safe, or you are not diligent about gun cleaning, or...
Thanks for the education Foxfire. I never mind learning, but isn't the PPS tennifer treated from the factory? Doesn't that give the gun a pretty good level of protection from the box?

Once again, I'm looking to learn, not argue.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thanks for the education Foxfire. I never mind learning, but isn't the PPS tennifer treated from the factory? Doesn't that give the gun a pretty good level of protection from the box?

Once again, I'm looking to learn, not argue.
Yes tennifer is a good coating, it lasted about 60hours I think during the corrosion test. That being said. Stainless steel lasted 72 hours. So here is the question, how good is good enough? We know SS is very resistant to corrosion, more so than any other gun finish except Cerakote. Is Cerakote over kill? Is Cerakote perfect for everyone? Walther really likes it. We just coated around 6000 guns, slides and frames for them. It is the only coating from walther with a warranty for life.
P.S. I really appreciate you question.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts