Walther Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I dropped my slide I’m wanting to ceracoat but Walter says it will cause performance issues. Anybody have experience on this?

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
If properly applied by a reputable shop, it should not cause any issues whatsoever.

Walther themselves offers a few firearms such as the PK380 with factory Cerakote finishes.

·
Registered
158 Posts
If properly applied by a reputable shop, it should not cause any issues whatsoever.

Walther themselves offers a few firearms such as the PK380 with factory Cerakote finishes.
I've entrusted my life to a S&W PPK/S-1, it may not be able to stop the illusive 7ft/300Lbs+ Meth Head wearing 5 layers of denim and wielding a car door as a shield, but I'm fairly certain I can outrun such a beast, especially after dumping 7 rounds of .380 ACP into him.

Amen!:cool:

·
Registered
158 Posts
Since I dropped my slide I’m wanting to ceracoat but Walter says it will cause performance issues. Anybody have experience on this?
I'm having a Beretta 92 FS refinished right now with black cerakote. Supposed to be about 0.001" thick which in no way should cause an interference or performance issue. I can sure let you know how it goes when I get it back.

·
Super Moderator
7,303 Posts
I have had Metalife hard-chrome several guns, and own a P5 with hardchrome.

The finish is extremely durable, and handsome in the bargain.
This finish is very thin, and has never caused any fit or function problems.
Moon

Reactions: GeoNole94

·
Registered
158 Posts
Fresh Back From the Gunsmith Cerakoted

Here you go. Fresh from the gunsmith. Looks brand new to me. Slide and barrel had rust and pitting. Lower frame around top and bottom of trigger guard had file/whittle marks (and no, I am not the idiot who did it). Old boy did a heck of a job, IMO, blending and re-doing everything. If I didn't know where the blemishes, rust, etc. were before the cerakote, I wouldn't really be able to point them out now. This is my first experience with the process but so far I am completely satisfied with the result. Hope this helps you.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
Some of my PP collection are well used some like new and to tell the truth they are all equally beautiful to me. I spend a lot more time with the lesser condition guns and find their character to be most attractive.

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
I bought a SIG P6 with a ceracoat “satin stainless” finish a few years ago and it is great. In fact, it rides along in my car wherever I go. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts