Walther Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi can anyone tell me if the military green p99 is a AS or QA that cdnn has thanks for any info.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I think you may just have to call them. From their 2005-4 catalog (PDF):

"CONSTANT PULL TRIGGER
3-BACKSTRAPS•2-10RD MAGS
NEW SINGLE/DOUBLE ACTION
LOADED CHAMBER INDICATOR
MILITARY GREEN POLYMER FRAME"

The "constant pull" part makes me think QA, but the "single/double action" would be the "original" (or "AS") style.... so give them a call and they will tell you what it is. If it is a QA, it will say so right on the slide.

·
Registered
86 Posts
CDNN Has the Green 40 for about $450.00. The cool thing is it is all German. Called today. The slide is stamped with the Smith and Wesson as the importer but the slide and barrel have the German Eagle - N proofmarks. It's a Single/Double Action which I assume is AS though no AS stampings. I had the salesperson stage the trigger and use the decocker. Without the decocker he said it would stage half way back for a short light trigger pull. The add is strange as it says both single/double action and constant trigger. I have one on order and will know tuesday. They only had 12 left when I ordered mine.

Rockets Out...

·
Registered
328 Posts
I ordered one from them. It's the AS in 40. 2003 model and comes with 10 round magazines. These are the magazines that seem to have defective base plates that crack.

Smith & Wesson replaced mine with 12 round magazines, even when I told them where the gun was purchased.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
[b said:
Quote[/b] (madecov @ Oct. 29 2005,23:18)]I ordered one from them. It's the AS in 40. 2003 model and comes with 10 round magazines. These are the magazines that seem to have defective base plates that crack.

Smith & Wesson replaced mine with 12 round magazines, even when I told them where the gun was purchased.
did yours crack or did you juct tell them you you had the defected ones. thanks for the info

·
Registered
328 Posts
I called S&W wesson and told them the magazine base plates cracked. They sent new replacement 12 round magazines.
Then I went out and shot the gun. I also ordered one more 12 round from them.

Service was as always perfect and fast.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Just got it, It's AS and full German

Rockets Out....

·
Registered
86 Posts
Love mine too. Darn Nebraska winters are going to cramp me here soon so I doubt if I will get as many rounds through it as I would liek to this year. After I got it I had to go with the P99c AS also from CDNN. All German with the German test target in it. Very, very nice though it kicks a bit more than I am used to out of a Glock 26 or other 9mm sub compacts. Not a complaint, it is fully controlable with a quick second shot follow up. I was just supprised it felt more like a Glock 27 in recoil than a G26.

Rockets Out.....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts