Walther Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a general question since I'm considering getting a CCW permit. Where do you guys carry your weapons? do you carry them at all times?

I ask because here in GA, you're not allowed to carry in parks, malls, other large gatherings of ppl or anyplace that serves alcohol, which pretty much rules out most places besides streets and anywhere you want in your car (which doesn't do that much, considering you're already allowed to have it loaded and in a glovebox even without a permit).

Guess I'm just trying to imagine where I'd carry mine if I got a permit. Any input would be cool, thanks in advance.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I am waiting for my CCW permit here in Rochester, NY. Its been almost 6 months, and it may be a few months more of a wait, but hopefully not. I am pretty sure that the only places new yorkers aren't allowed to carry are government and educational buildings (unless you get permission from administration), and ofcourse never never in the foreign nation of New York City. But other than that, I plan to carry while camping/hunting, and maybe sometimes while on the job if i am carrying a lot of cash. Rochester has a really high robbery/murder rate per capita.

·
Registered
539 Posts
I'll be moving to NY in about a year, Westchester area. I thought you could get a CCW in all of NY. Good to know at least some counties allow it. That waiting period is insane although I have no idea how it would take here in CA. County sheriff has to approve your application here. I have no idea how likely he is to approve an application that says 'for the safety of me and my family' as the reason.

Moderators: Sorry for the reply to the off-topic.

·
Registered
95 Posts
yeah, just consider new york city as a completely different state all together, and one where it is impossible to obtain a CCW. Most other counties are quite easy to obtain a CCW if you can wait 6-8 months. sorry to tell you, but i hear westchester county is really almost impossible to obtain a ccw, and still pretty difficult to obtain a highly restricted permit (for home or business only). but good luck.

·
Registered
72 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (absoludely @ June 20 2005,15:34)]Guess I'm just trying to imagine where I'd carry mine if I got a permit. Any input would be cool, thanks in advance.
It is lame that you can't carry in GA where I can carry in OR. However, I suggest you get the permit since their may eventually be a time you NEED to carry on the street and you can't because you never got around to getting the permit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts