Walther Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Trigger grittiness has been a topic for the CCP since day one, and here, is what I can tell you from my experience. It is true that the trigger feels a little gritty right out of the box, I will concede that, it will get better after 200 or 300 rounds and even better as rounds fly down range. After about 1200 rounds through mine, the firing pin/nub broke off of my striker, I dont know why, it just happened, anyway, I ordered and received two new strikers, ( ordered two just in case.....because I hate for my weapon to be down) I installed one, and low and behold the grittiness was back, so I took it back apart, and with some jewelers files, cleaned up the face where the striker meets the sear and polished it to a chrome looking finish, reassembled and the trigger is smooth as silk, again. 80% of the grittiness occurs right here, if you think about it, that sear has to push back slightly on the striker to release it, and with the striker spring pressure holding it in place, there tends to be alot of friction here, so the smoother these two surfaces are, the better the trigger will feel. Also a bab of grease right here help immensely, I just use permatex ultra brake caliper lube, it holds up to heat very well. Pictures attached.

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts