Walther Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I dont know why people complain about having to use the little tool to take down the ccp, my S &W 1911 billboard came with a tool to depress and turn the barrel bushing, I find the ccp much easier to takedown than the 1911. My colt 1903 32ACP is pretty easy to takedown, I would say in this order, easiest to hardest
Colt 1903
Walther ccp
Ruger p89
S & W 1911
I cant tell you how many times that i sent the plug across the room on the 1911, as the wife looked at me in disgust and the cat started batting it around.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
I suggest a new 1911 disassembly method. I no longer use bushing wrenches to disassemble (except on my Baer AFTER I get the slide off).

Watch this:

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
I only needed the included bushing wrench the first couple of times when my Remington R1 was still brand new, and honestly, it was more useful in actually showing me WHAT to do there.

Still need a mallet and "The Right Tool" (available under that name at Amazon) to do my wife's Ruger Mk3.

Needed a cartridge to take down my Kel-Tec P11, but I could have used my fingers with some effort.

Yes, complaining about tools being required to field strip a gun is legit. If paying customers didn't offer feedback, there wouldn't be any improvements.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I agree kar98, feedback is good, but after the first time that I broke down my ccp, its been second nature. My nephew is interested in a ccp, he watched the takedown videos, and how the takedown was over exaggerated, so i did a video for him and tookdown and reassembled in 38 seconds, it accually can be done with a decent twig, if needed, ive done it.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Yeah just tried several times to disassemble my 1911 as shown in the video, yeah, no, my guide rod will not come out with the spring and plug still installed. And i see why now, the wilson combat guide rod is much shorter, mine is much longer.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
Push down plug, rotate bushing, slowly release plug, pull slide back and align properly, pull out slide stop, take slide off, pull out guide rod and spring.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I can take it apart that way, but the video shows it coming apart differently, mine will not come part that way because the guide rod is longer than the one in the video

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
I can take it apart that way, but the video shows it coming apart differently, mine will not come part that way because the guide rod is longer than the one in the video
Ok if you have a full length guide rod yes that won't work.

So replace the full length guide rod ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts