Walther Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
Bret once upon a time joined in the conversation here. He said they were coming, said Atlanta would get them first.....he is now taking speaking and acting lessons and searching for larger rags with which to clean his firearms. He might be back. We were nice to him....I think. :) M1911

·
Registered
5,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If nothing else, nice to put a face to a name ;)

How's about sending a batch of CCP's to Missouri, now? :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
I live in Arkansas, and my local gun shop received 5 of them, of which I have been on the waiting list for 3 months for. My application was delayed due to holiday volume, but I basically have one. My only concern is that neither myself nor the employee could field strip it. Both of us has seen the video posted on Youtube my Mr. Vorhees and despite doing what he seems to be doing, we weren't able to remove the slide. I have read that it's easier with a screwdriver than the tool provided, but wouldn't let me risk scratching it. If anyone has one and has been successful, could you post any pics or tricks that might make it easier to take down. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
81 Posts
The tool is substantially inferior to a 2.5mm flat-head screwdriver (and, by the way, the ledge of the tool erodes with use, so it may well not work after a few uses). In either case, the objective is:

a. to put the flat part of the tool/screwdriver below the center of the metal nose that protrudes from this part of the slide; and

b. push towards the front of the firearm and, simultaneously, upwards.

The cylindrical portion, with the metal strip at its center, will move into the slide, if you are successful.

As I noted on another thread, it took me 11 minutes to unlock mine using the tool, on the first attempt. I attempted to do it again using the tool, in response to your post. I gave up after 2 minutes, retrieved the above-referenced screwdriver, and unlocked it in about 30 seconds.

Best of luck with it.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
I was thinking it'd have been really cool if you could use a part of the magazine, whether something on the base plate or heck even the follower to use as the takedown tool rather than have a separate tool.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Adventure Outdoors sol out fast

Bret once upon a time joined in the conversation here. He said they were coming, said Atlanta would get them first.....he is now taking speaking and acting lessons and searching for larger rags with which to clean his firearms. He might be back. We were nice to him....I think. :) M1911
I think AO did get the first or near first delivery. A Walther Rep was there to assist on the first day I'm told. By Tuesday afternoon they had sold out of all 40 pistols. I had cancelled my order back in Sep or Oct after waiting 4 months. I have not found any LGS in Atlanta that currently has them. AO does have the all black CCP as a display if you want to take a look at it.
DennisG

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
It appears to me the little center latch has to be lifted above the top of the counter plate or you won't be able to shove anything in. I suppose the tip on the tool should be used to first press the small catch up.. then press in...sure is hard to get some good pictures of this presented here. M1911

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
Walther released a video of Bret Voorhees field stripping a CCP but the video doesn't really go into the kind of detail that shows that the center, silver catch must be pressed up to disengage it from the rear plate before the tool can be shoved in.

This seems simple enough and reminds me of the problem many owners have had trying to figure out how the guide rod extension is to be used on reinstalling the slide on a P22. Very easy once you understand it. But in the P22 manual exactly how to use the tool was never really shown clearly. This might be the case for the CCP. M1911

·
Registered
9 Posts
The video makes it look very easy. The provided tool's tab is too short and blunt to easily take down the pistol. My preferred tool to use now is a toothpick with one end cut off.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I too can't get the tool to work. Watched videos, read manual, all several times. Seems to be a theme here. The factory rep in the video makes it look easy. Resorted to small flab led screw driver and it works fine. I wrote a question on Walther CCP sight. Hope to get a response and I will share if they have a magic process. Love the gun but I hope Walther's reputation for great customer service will prevail and they redesign the tool or explain procedure better. I know that all of us can't be dummies. Let's see how they fix this issue

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
Once you see how the rear catch comes off it should be a bit easier to make some kind of tool work. The rear catch is shaped like a hook and if it and the edge of the spring catch are each sharp, lifting up the catch might be difficult. I think I would polish both as one of the first things I would do. It seems that after the catch is lifted the any number of object will press the spring retainer in. And, with that....I take the lead in posts today.... woot, woot, woot......oldfart is now in second place. M1911

·
Registered
1 Posts
langer56

I've got 200 rounds through mine. No hiccups. 175 rounds of Blazer Brass, 25 with the Civil Defense +P, 2000 fps. Same result. Takedown is tricky at first, now I can field strip and reassemble in 30-45 seconds.

·
Registered
39 Posts
CCP Slide Separation/Reconnection Aha Moment

It appears to me the little center latch has to be lifted above the top of the counter plate or you won't be able to shove anything in. I suppose the tip on the tool should be used to first press the small catch up.. then press in...sure is hard to get some good pictures of this presented here. M1911
Separation: After watching the Walther CCP Field Strip video by Bret Voorhees, I made key observations for separating and reconnecting the slide from the frame. By holding the CCP with the barrel pointed down and my thumb wrapped around the curved, upper aft part of the grip and my other four fingers over top of the slide, I exert a teensy bit of rearward pressure on the slide with my fingers (moving the slide not quite 0.1" aft). Doing so allows the 'special tool' to push the striker forward VERY easily once the little silver latch is disengaged with upward and forward pressure. At this point, the rear of the slide can easily be lifted away from the frame.

On reassembly, getting the gas piston to slide back into the cylinder beneath the recoil spring seems to be the greatest challenge. Good backlighting helps a lot, until you get lucky and it slips into the hole. Once close, a small screwdriver can help nudge it in the right direction.

Reconnection: To reconnect the slide to the frame (with the gas piston seated), ease the slide close to the frame with the rear of the slide even with the rear of the frame, resting on the hook. Then, hold the CCP as described above for slide removal (using very light downward pressure with the fingers. Using the 'special tool' pushing the silver latch up and forward will allow the tool to slide the striker forward and the slide will easily snap down, securely into place.

Note: Discovering exactly how the slide needed to be positioned for removal and connection sucked every bit of my previous frustration out of the room. Now I could give the class and life is better. With a teensy bit of practice, you'll be an expert.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts