Walther Forums banner

161 - 176 of 176 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Why not blue loctite...particularly for small screws in machine and automotive applications, it is the preferred thread locker.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Red Dot Mounting Sight Options

I fitted the EGW 49295 (Walther PPQ M2) on my CCP M2. I had to take literally 2 shaves with a fine file to thin the EGW dovetail on the EGW mount (it probably would have went without it, but didn't want to force). A few mallet taps on a nylon punch and it set fine. Note: The CCP slide dove tail is slightly tapered. Back out the screw to remove the rear sight. That's a tip as too which side to insert the EGW sight mount plate...

Just to clarify. The EGW 49295 is a rear sight mounting plate for a venom viper red dot. You cannot use the windage adjustment screw after installation, but you will not damage it either, if you wish to remove the plate and reinstall the original rear sight.

Attached are pics of above. Again note, modicum of filing on EWG was all that was needed. 50 or so rounds thru. Dead on at 10 yds so far...

Attachments

·
Registered
218 Posts
I fitted the EGW 49295 (Walther PPQ M2) on my CCP M2.
Interesting....I have the M1. Which RMR do you run, and have you had it to the range yet?
Pix?

·
Registered
9 Posts
PPQ sights will not fit...I tried a front sight. Waste of money, even after filing to fit. Also the screw for the PPQ sight will not work, nor will the CCP screw.

I think(!) I read somewhere that PPQ or P99 sights would fit.
But I will try to find it tomorrow, it's midnight now where I am ;)

[edit] I found where i read it. On the German gun shop frankonia.de the description of the CCP says: the sight measurements are compatible with P99, PPQ and pps. So the tritium sights would also fit the CCP.

Sorry for the bad English, it's late and I'm very tired.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thought I'd give my input, since this forum helped me out. I just bought a CCP about a month ago on a whim, never owned a Walther before. Immediately disliked the sights, but loved everything else about it. Like the rest of y'all info is kinda hard to find about sights on this gun, but I ended up installed a set of Truglo TFX sights which are the first aftermarket sights I've ever installed. Like others have said, I had to dremel a few threads off the rear sight screw, which is a pain in the ass to install since you basically have to do it upside down or the screw falls out of the little cavity that it floats in. Being impatient, I used a bench vice and some cloths instead of a sight press tool (which I didn't know I would need) to slide the rear sight into the slide until the screw contacted the threaded cutout in the slide, then used the allen wrench provided to walk it the rest of the way on. It was as low and sketchy process, but I pulled it off. Didn't take much adjusting at the range to get it centered. Although after 250 rounds, as others have said, the front sight screw loosened. I didn't use any Loc-tite because I didn't have any, but I will apply it and I'm sure then it will be fine. Very happy with the TFX sights, since they have fiber optics for light conditions, and tritium for no-light conditions.

Overall pretty happy with this little gun, and searching for aftermarket sights led me to this forum and some helpful tips. These are TG13WA3A

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a work around for the XS Big Dot sight issue with the rear sight installation and the warning that installation will permanently damage the adjustment thread on the slide:

I used a piece of 16ga copper wire that I carefully flattened enough to fit across the thread channel. This gives the rear light's set screw something to bite into besides the stainless steel threads of the slide. Because the copper is softer than the steel threads, the copper is pushed into the thread by the set screw, ensuring that the rear sight is firmly secured in place.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have had a PPS M2 and love it. I recently purchased a CCP M2. Although I love the stock sights on my PPS, the ones on the CCP are very dim. I honestly do not care so much for replacing the back sight and have read all the work arounds you have been doing to make things fit. That is more work than I care to do if there is not a simple replacement made to fit it exactly without modifications. My question, is there a replacement for a brighter front sight that fits the CCP accurately? I recently moved so do not have everything set up yet to make a lot of modifications and am also disabled. Being disabled I am a target and would like to be able to see the front sight better.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I bought a CCP (SER 34XXX) for my wife's purse carry. She is a novice and I would like a "best bang for the buck" green laser. Any help?
A woman after my own heart, Keep It Simple, Stupid (K I S S method).

Seems like you don't need new sights if you have a green laser, or a blue laser, OR even a red laser. Picatinny rails certainly have a plethora of lasers that will fit at many price ranges, besides a defensive pistol of such diminutive size should be capable of hitting something at 15 to 20 feet without aiming anyway?

Just saying!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Shoots low out of the box...

I just picked up a CCP M2 and I like it fine, it just has some odd quirks. One of them is that the sights seem to be set to shoot very low out of the box. It doesn't seem obvious how to correct this with anything but Kentucky Windage (or Elevation in this case) but when I do that, it shoots single ragged hole groups.

It gets literally smoking hot after 3 mags, beats up my hand something awful, and the trigger feels like deboning a whole deer with your bare hands, but still, it shoots well.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Does anyone know of a sight set for the CCP/CCP M2 that combines a tritium + fiber optic or tritium + fluorescent paint front sight with a plain black rear sight? Something like these Ameriglo Hackathorn sights for the Glock G43 even if I have to order the front and rear sight separately. Thanks!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I just purchased a new front site for my CCP M2 from Speed sights in WA. Really like the looks but for the life of me I can't get the hex head screw they furnish to install to the sight. No way to hold onto it with hex socket I have (5mm) and screw into the sight. I emailed them to ask what they suggest. Funny they don't furnish a button head screw like Walther uses. Will hunt around for a substitute screw in my stock.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Several weeks ago I purchased Speed Sights for new April delivered CCP M2 380. Apparently the 380 version has differing mounts than others and Speed Sights did not fit. The guys at Speeds Sights were great to work with for a solution, but no easy fix was apparent. I have an ADE Green laser now, HG54G with magnetic charging cable. Like it , but wish I had the Speed Sights. I suggest getting the Speed Sights if you do not have 380. Good shooting!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Speed Sights did furnish me a longer hex head screw and a wrench to install the front sight on the 9mm after I called them. They knew of the problem. Their setup is for a Glock I feel.
The hex head doesn't fit a flush in the cavity as the Walther socket screw. But it all seemed to work fine.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thank you for helping to clarify my post. Speed Sights sent the hex nut together with the front and rear sights. The incompatibility for my new CCP M2 380 Which I received in April, 2020 was the rear mounting difference. Apparently a new change that I and the Speed Sights team think may not have been changed for 9mm and larger. They had access to some Walther drawings which provided more info, but still inconclusive on the rear mount difference.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Would be nice to have some night sights.

Just out of curiosity, is it just me or are the sights plastic?
They are, which is my only real complaint with them. I'd like to put the same ones in metal on there (possibly with no rear dots, but a bright white front sight dot). Glocks come with really bad plastic sights out of the box too, at least the Walthers seem to be a better plastic.

·
Premium Member
1,677 Posts
They are, which is my only real complaint with them. I'd like to put the same ones in metal on there (possibly with no rear dots, but a bright white front sight dot). Glocks come with really bad plastic sights out of the box too, at least the Walthers seem to be a better plastic.
I think of both the Walther and Glock sights as plastic dovetail protectors.

I ended up, as I think most do, swapping out the stock plastic sights in my Walthers and Glocks for something better.

Walther shipping some of their guns with the F8 sights is a nice step.

161 - 176 of 176 Posts