Walther Forums banner

21 - 40 of 177 Posts

·
Registered
844 Posts
I was told by Trijicon to call tool tech for night sights. They take the factory sights and drill and set night sight capsules in the factory. Sights

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
172 Posts
I have replaced my ccp sight with mepro pps night sight. I have trij hd sight for my p99 and mepro for my ppq. The rear sight will not work. There is groove adjustment screw. If you try to force the ppq rear sight in, you will flatten out the groove. I had to do some work get pps sight to fit. Here they are.
1 front sight will fit but you need to pressure/force the front sight in. I thought it will hold by pressure. The front fight popped out second range trip. I did not put the front secure screw in because it is too big and will interfere with the recoil spring. I had to take out about 0.3 mm diameter of the screw to fit.
2 rear sight is tight. If you just want to use the sight push tool to force it in, it will work. But adjustment will not be possible. I sand off about 0.15 mm off the bottom of the night sight to match the walther sight. Will it is just a little too much. So, it is loose. But I can use the adjustment screw. My suggestion is to sane off the bottom coating and try to fit.
3 the cut out of the mepro sight is a little too big for the ccp adjustment screw. So, I use the bianry compound the harden when you mix them to fill up the space. Then use the screw to get the right shape before it harden. It does work now and no wabble now.
My suggestion is if you can wait till aftermarket to come out with right parts, wait. If you are a tinkerer, use pps sight with side adjustment hole. Do it at your own risk.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I find it disappointing that there are no night sight options yet for what is clearly a defensive pistol.

I guess it wouldn't bother me as much if the stock front wasn't polymer.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I ordered a set of XS 24/7 sights for my PPS...
I have those (BigDot version) on my G30SF and love'em. Good to hear that they are out for the PPS, I'll be get'n a set for the CCP as soon as they're available.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Exactly, I to have the H&K P30 & I have the H&K VP9 as well, these sights are almost identical to those. They are fantastic. The dots are a little bigger than the H&K's but are the same phosphorus paint so they will charge and work like night sights for a little time just like the H&K's. I am 57 so I like the bigger dots over the OEM sights. Optics Planet has them for under $50, so I had to buy a 2 oz. bottle of gun cleaner to get my cart over 50 dollars and qualify for free shipping. I have added the link I used to purchase.

Results for walther sights 2796627 - OpticsPlanet

The rear sight just screws off with the allen wrench that came with the pistol,
and a punch and hammer are all that is required to install the new rear sight.
The front sight was a little tricky.
I think there was something wrong with the new front sight in that the tapped hole was not in the middle of the obround as was the original sight. So I found a new screw and washer that would work from a web site called bolt depot.com. I had to purchase a M2 x .04 mm machine head screw x 4 mm long and a washer. Both items cost 10 cents with $5.95 shipping. But shipping was fast. I ordered on Monday evening and they were in my mailbox Friday, so I think the price of the shipping was well worth receiving items in 4 days.
I used the pin that was in the same hardware bag that came with the pistol that the allen wrenches were in to take out the pin holding the blowback piston to get access to the front sight screw.

Attachments

·
Registered
621 Posts
I did not get a response from Meprolight regarding CCP night sights.
Got a response from a tech at The Mako Group:

"Unfortunately we do not carry these sights for your specific firearm. We will add it to our list of possible new items to ask the manufacturer to start making available for sale."

·
Registered
289 Posts
eh, sounds like a form letter.
Hard to believe none of the major sight manufacturers have released anything yet for the CCP.

·
Registered
621 Posts
I always wondered why they recessed the little dots in the standard CCP sights so much. Although the little dots did seem accurate, they were sometimes hard for me to pick up.

Thought I would try a small project while waiting on parts.

Took out the little white plastic inserts from the standard sights and then widened the holes to accommodate some .080" white rod inserts (StripStyrene item# 212). Pretty visible now.

21 - 40 of 177 Posts