Walther Forums banner

1 - 20 of 174 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if we know what fits the CCP in terms of night sights, aftermarket replacement options, etc.

Is it like some of the other options? "It fits a PPX, so it'll fit a PPQ"...that type of thing?

(Note - I have no idea if PPX sights fit a PPQ, that's just a generic example of the type of comment I've encountered around the web...)

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You're looking for aftermarket products already? I'm still trying to get a look at the thing ... besides the photos and videos that are posted here.
I know, early days. Figured new owners might have uncovered any fast-movers out there, and this could serve as a collector thread for useful links. ;)

·
Registered
103 Posts
I think(!) I read somewhere that PPQ or P99 sights would fit.
But I will try to find it tomorrow, it's midnight now where I am ;)

[edit] I found where i read it. On the German gun shop frankonia.de the description of the CCP says: the sight measurements are compatible with P99, PPQ and pps. So the tritium sights would also fit the CCP.

Sorry for the bad English, it's late and I'm very tired.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Has anyone installed night sights yet on their CCP? Does anyone know what fits for sure?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
756 Posts
Just wondering if we know what fits the CCP in terms of night sights, aftermarket replacement options, etc.
I would be curious myself, as I intend to do night sights, and get a few extra magazines. The CCP will be around for awhile, to the chagrin of some, so the products will be coming, and maybe are already here if they retro to other guns in the line. The issue may be how high they would be coming from a larger model, etc. As holsters come out for the CCP they will probably be based on the stock sight height and size.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Has anyone taken the rear sight off of theirs? I can't find anything on how to do it and the parts schematic doesn't offer much help. tia

·
Premium Member
13,562 Posts
Its probably a press fit. Take a hammer and a plastic tipped punch and give it a couple of whacks. Or call Walther.

On second thought, you may not want to whack it. Call Walther.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Has anyone installed night sights yet on their CCP?
No, I haven't, but I just looked to check and see what it looks like under there, and it does look different due to the screw inside the hole to make windage adjustments being under the sight. This screw is not on the sight as with most guns, but underneath the sight, therefore making it more difficult to remove ... this is my guess, not fact ... more challenging. Maybe getting night sights may be difficult than I thought. I made some adjustments when it first came out of the box with the hex wrench that is supplied with the gun. It comes with 3 front sights that are numbered that have different heights.

·
Registered
844 Posts
I called Walther, it is a unique sight, different from the PPQ and P99. It is a press in. I was told that it will take a bit of time for Trijicon to come out with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20 Posts
I would really like to take it off and try a spare DP rear sight that I have, but don't want to muck it up taking it off and not be able to put it back on! :eek:

·
Registered
756 Posts
I would really like to take it off and try a spare DP rear sight that I have, but don't want to muck it up taking it off and not be able to put it back on!
Sounds like a smart move! Then you would be like me and my seecamp ... no sights!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Rear sight is unique and very easy to remove. Use the supplied Allen wrench and adjust it all the way to the right and it pops right off. It's plastic and very easy to put back on. Front sight is the same cut as the PPQ, p99 and PPS however it's a different height than everything else.

I ordered a set of XS 24/7 sights for my PPS and before I put them on the PPS I put them on the CCP. They do fit and the rear stays put due to the set screw. BUT even though they fit POI would have been way off.

·
Registered
844 Posts
I don't think that the P99 sights fit. I am going to wait until I see something that looks like it was made for the CCP.

1 - 20 of 174 Posts