Walther Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just watched the review of new CCP by Sootch. [ I hope that's spelled right] Since I have developed carpal tunnel problems with both hands, there is no way I can get this older CCP apart. I haven't heard of any offers coming from Walther for some exchange deal. If anyone has any info, I'd like to know. The new system looks good. Bought mine early, sent it in when they recalled, never really had any trouble with mine that I couldn't explain. They sent mine back from recall without making the gouge on the grip. However they did do the changes, I think.

·
Registered
9,906 Posts
Hate to hear about your wrists. Wonder how it might work out for you to trade the CCP on a Smith .380. The one with the .22 cal weight recoil spring. The Smith is Shield size so it is thin. I have cycled the slide on one and it was very light. Have not fired one but I hear they are soft shooting. I guess there was too much design change to swap out the new rear system housing and recoil spring assembly into the original pistol. 1917

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you sir for your consideration. That Shield EZ is on my list, but have you tried to make any trade lately? I had a very lightly used P99cas, [didn't care for the way it fit my hand]and the most the dealer would give was $200.00 on an EZ. I held on to that for a while and finally was able to get $250.00 from a friend. Maybe Smith will come around with a big rebate deal sometime once they flood the market with EZ's. The new CCP looks OK to me, besides I have about 2000 rds. of 9mm to shoot up and 380s are more expensive. Finally, It really is hell to get old. Quick

·
Registered
9,906 Posts
Older....well, plenty of us are right there with you. That is the goal after all. Seems some people have surgery on their hands for tunnel carpal but I don't know much about it. The CCP due to the gas cylinder is likely to be a pistol that requires more cleaning than other designs. I expect some pistols will go thousands of rounds before needing a thorough cleaning. Then perhaps a friend could help you with disassembly. Keep on trucking as they say...and don't look back. 1917

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, 1911, I finally decided to try something that might work. I fabricated a "third hand" with two pieces of Styrofoam block,11/2"x3"x4".Hollowed each about half the size of the CCP grip and clamped them in the vise. Not enough pressure to deform the grip. Press the takedown tool into the rear of the slide with the weak right hand, raise up the slide with the usable left hand and BINGO. Line up the gas piston and re assembly is a snap. More than one way to skin a cat. Didn't want to give up on the CCP. I never really had as much trouble as others have. Quick

·
Registered
9,906 Posts
Well, that was good thinking. Your hand might be weak but your mind certainly isn't. Keep up to the good work and safe shooting. :) 1917

1 - 7 of 7 Posts