Walther Forums banner

1101 - 1120 of 1130 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts

Sorry, I am a Production Manager/Machinist at a local Aerospcae company in my home state of Colorado.
I have been involved with manufacturing since 1977 and nearing retirement.
I have been shooting/gun advocate for over 40 years.
The issue I have is the lack of communication from Umarex/Walther. A simple reply to an email with a casual update after 60 days doesn't seem too much to ask in my opinion.
Please understand I am not trying to cause negative feelings on this forum, if I have I apologize to you, and the old Fart.

·
Registered
9,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,103
I see, thanks Chandler for setting that straight. I should have seen that.....but, I'm kinda new around here. OldFart kinda aggravates everyone around here.....nothing that a bulk box of ammo in my mailbox tomorrow couldn't cure though......:)

Zuperbal, I feel 100% certain OldFart doesn't have any issues with you.....he's just..................well, old. I don't believe I've every seen him riled up about anything. Just got an E-mail from Glenn......parts are on the way for me....one day request...Sunday e-mail...and Monday morning, they are in the mail. They need to slow down a bit.

When he gets a $50 CCP in I want it for playin' around with. If it doesn't function correctly....all the better. 1917

·
Registered
9,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,105
Nothing to apologize for....I was just hoping someone from Ft Smith had finally decided to participate. A couple of guys have come along....but, never returned. The CCP has certainly been frustrating for a number of owners and not all have been able to be satisfactorily repaired. I expect that has been an issue for the folks in Ft Smith as well.

Wish I were a machinist....I could make some stuff. I think that is a job I would have really enjoyed. Was never exposed to it. I think OldFart promised to send me a nice Bridgeport a few years back. I'm waiting. Hope it comes with instructions. Your background should give you some good insight into the perculiarities of the CCP.

I own a company and yes......communication is extremely important. Important to listen, important to be clear as to what the Client can expect, important to keep them informed regularly. Very important.....don't just not show up with no phone call to alert then as to why and when you will be back. Nearly everyone is understanding......they just want to know they haven't been overlooked. 1917

·
Registered
175 Posts
What part of 'waiting on parts' do you not understand? Customer service can't just poop a part, they've got to wait for the 'mother ship' to send em' across the pond. So, it's NOT Walther customer service, in Fort Smith.....its Walther, Germany.
Parts availability is certainly a part of customer support and customer service. Whether it's Walther, Fort Smith or Walther, Germany really doesn't matter to the guy that's been waiting six weeks for his gun to get repaired.

I'll be giving my CCP one more trip out shooting tomorrow, then I'll decide whether to keep it or sell it before some new problem pops up. Right now, I think anybody that has a CCP needing repair will be better off at least checking with a local gunsmith to see if something can't be done there. A six week or longer wait for parts to arrive at Fort Smith is not reasonable.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
I just fired my brand new CCP for the first time today. I got 4 rounds and then total failure. Nothing, can cock it, not striker movement, nothing. After 4 rounds on a brand new pistol! I called Walther and they didn't seem to care, only that I send it back for the freshly announced recall. It's a pile of junk that needs to be removed from the market. I asked how a pistol fails after 4 rounds and I got silence.

I think you anyone is relying on this thing for everyday CCW they need a new strategy, this gun is useless.....
Congratulations, you joined the Forums to ***** about your CCP and managed to put it in multiple forums. I believe that violates the Forum rules (no-cross postings).

Why did you buy the CCP if you've read and heard of all the issues 1/3 of the owners that responded to the poll that was run here?

2/3 of us don't have any issues and do like the CCP. This constant slamming of it is getting old.:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
13,882 Posts
I just fired my brand new CCP for the first time today. I got 4 rounds and then total failure. Nothing, can cock it, not striker movement, nothing. After 4 rounds on a brand new pistol! I called Walther and they didn't seem to care, only that I send it back for the freshly announced recall. It's a pile of junk that needs to be removed from the market. I asked how a pistol fails after 4 rounds and I got silence.

I think you anyone is relying on this thing for everyday CCW they need a new strategy, this gun is useless.....
Coloradomark....I'll offer you $25 for that pistol.....I'm lookin' for a new project.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I'll take it.....please don't feel bad. This new project will help keep me outta the bars.
Alas, too little, too late. After my CCP came back from the recall I didn't even fire it again. The next morning found us (That's me and my CCP) in a friendly, small gun shop where I've done business for a number of years.

I told the guy I wanted to trade in a gun that would be great for plinkng or target shooting but was too unreliable for defensive carry. He offered me $225 trade in on a nice 9mm Kahr he had on the shelf, so for my CCP and just a couple hundred more bucks I was out of the CCP business.

Good luck finding one to play with though. It's an interesting gun and has some good points.

·
Premium Member
13,882 Posts
Ohhhhhhh, I think its time for another beer....its gotta be noon somewhere. :D

Congrats on your trade.....good for you, bad for me.....the quest goes on.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am a new member and I am looking at a Walther CCP that looks in excellent condition for $289. The serial number is above 46,000, but there is no dimple in the mag well. I looked at a new CCP with a serial number above 80,000 and it had the dimple. I read that the CCP's above 19,000 had the recall already fixed and this CCP is above 46,000. So my question is this: does this CCP need to be sent in to have the recall repair done to it, or not ?

Also would you recommend buying a CCP with a serial number above 46,000, or is it likely to still have many problems like the early ones.

Thank You.

·
Registered
9,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,115 (Edited)
Welcome Warrier....The CCP recall is about a year old. You can look around here and see when it went into effect...there is a thread on it. It is voluntary and any firearms sold prior to it going into effect it is up to the owner or gun shop to call and get a mailing certificate to send it in at no cost to Ft. Smith. This recall happened way after the serial numbers you are looking at. If there is no mark on the mag well the recall has not been performed.

What serial number CCP you purchase is entirely up to you. There is plenty of information here on the pistol. Some folks have no issues and love theirs....other folks have nothing but issues and won't even sell it to someone because of the problems. Do your due diligence before you purchase....and, if you don't get one that makes you happy.....get rid of it and get something else.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Welcome Warrier....The CCP recall is about a year old. You can look around here and see when it went into effect...there is a thread on it. It is voluntary and any firearms sold prior to it going into effect it is up to the owner or gun shop to call and get a mailing certificate to send it in at no cost to Ft. Smith. This recall happened way after the serial numbers you are looking at. If there is no mark on the mag well the recall has not been performed.

What serial number CCP you purchase is entirely up to you. There is plenty of information here on the pistol. Some folks have no issues and love theirs....other folks have nothing but issues and won't even sell it to someone because of the problems. Do your due diligence before you purchase....and, if you don't get one that makes you happy.....get rid of it and get something else.
Thanks for the reply 1917-1911M.

·
Registered
153 Posts
My CCP serial number is 58XXX and I sent it in during the recall. Yours is definitely pre-recall. On a positive note, I love mine and it has had one FTE after hundreds of rounds.

·
Registered
1 Posts
walther ccp 9 mm pistol problem safety issue

I bought the pistol last year it locked up on me and I sent it back they said it was fixed.?
Well I had it in my safe for several months and thought to take it out and clean it and use it for a ccp.

I took it apart seemed to come apart very easy then I cleaned the gun when I put it back together I had a major problem that could of made me blind...that's correct the firing pin spring and the little piece on the end the one you depress came flying out and almost took my right eye out.

I looked at the gun closely seeing a small pin and a shallow groove on the end piece is what kept it from coming out .

to my surprise I could not get it back in and puzzled how did it come out well the piece on the end was not the correct size for the hole and it wobbled inside the gun.

This wobble gave it enough room to bypass the bock and it actually came out as if the gun were fired at my face a long spring and a metal piece almost blinded me do not shoot it without safety glasses...?

Now how many of us wear safety glasses when out and about ?

I sent it back again second time and I am very upset for a few reasons one is if I lost my vision and also the poor design .

Not to mention I could of been using it to save my life as a carry gun but it would of disabled itself no firing pin spring no fire no nothing.

So I will not carry this gun anymore its a piece of junk from the first time I shot it too now this and I think it had 200 rounds through it with difficulties kept jamming with no bullets in it.

stove pipes and slide locked up

they claim they replaced the trigger mechanism before ?

well if you value your eyes never ever shoot this gun in particular without glasses.

I think it should be RECALLED for this

1101 - 1120 of 1130 Posts