Walther Forums banner

1081 - 1100 of 1130 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
CCP Discontinued????

Just got email from CDNN. They are selling the CCP in both black and stainless.

Isn't that where Walther sent the PPX to sell inventory when they ceased production a couple of years ago. Still some PPX 40 and 9 mm on CDNN..

Is that A bad sign..I have an original PPX and a PPQ 45 and had been considering the CCP for concealed carry. Had looked at the PPS but the frame on the CCP fits my hand much better..Any insights???

·
Registered
628 Posts
...Isn't that where Walther sent the PPX to sell inventory when they ceased production a couple of years ago....
There are currently 16 items listed for Walther at CDNN including the PPS M2 and PPQ M2, so unless you think Walther is going out of business...

Read through the CCP and PPS forums, test fire them if you can before deciding.

·
Registered
4 Posts
My CCP has been at Walther for two months. The last reply I received from them said they were waiting for parts from Germany. That was a month ago. I have emailed them a couple of times since, but I get no reply now. I think they are so buried in CCP warranty returns, that they can't keep track of them all.

At this point all I want is my money back. If you are considering the CCP I would listen to everyone posting about their headaches. They are not exaggerated. Better off putting $500 on red if you feel like gambling.

·
Registered
45 Posts
OK, your post tells me the CCP is a failure that really has only one fix, viz. Walther needs to bite the bullet;), recall all of them, and offer either a full refund of the price paid or replacement with another Walther 9, one that works as advertised. After returning my own for various problems to Arkansas 3 times, the company decided to issue me a brand new CCP (that I haven't been to the range with yet because of winter weather). My replacement arrived in less than a week, but that happened several months ago. From what you say, it would seem Walther is now swamped with returns of this problematic pistol.

The conclusion of anyone who knows what has happened to date has to be that the CCP isn't reliable enough to use for concealed carry.....it's principal purpose! It's only a question of time before someone has a serious accident with this firearm and sues Walther for negligence since they were aware of defects. The results of such a suit might be more devastating to the company than a complete recall now.

·
Registered
9,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,088 (Edited)
I don't buy these lawsuits going anywhere.....difficult to get all the evidence together, get cooperation from a lot of plaintiffs and what are the damages? My firearm doesn't work 100% all the time. Well, there are probably plenty that don't but what can you prove are the problems and damages. The manufacturer can ask about maintenance, storage, ammo and a hundred other things. I'm not a lawyer but my limited experience is the group that comes out ahead on class actions.......is the lawyers. I've had several items where there was a class actions settlement and none were even worth the effort to collect any funds.

The only exception has been the Deepwater Horizon settlement which was an exceptionally large settlement for most people.....in my opinion. I received a very large settlement and I live three hours from the Gulf and almost never visit. I have no property or business there. Lesson there.....don't make the Judge mad.

Since you now have a brand new in the box CCP and no confidence in it.....you have the perfect opportunity to sell or trade it for something you can have confidence in. That would be what I would do. Good luck. 1917

·
Registered
9 Posts
Waiting on parts - Fact or fiction? Mad as H__L

My CCP has been at Walther for two months. The last reply I received from them said they were waiting for parts from Germany. That was a month ago. I have emailed them a couple of times since, but I get no reply now. I think they are so buried in CCP warranty returns, that they can't keep track of them all.

At this point all I want is my money back. If you are considering the CCP I would listen to everyone posting about their headaches. They are not exaggerated. Better off putting $500 on red if you feel like gambling.
:mad: Greetings,

I had the firing pin on my CCP break at the range. I contacted customer support for help. I was told to send the slide in for repair. They received my slide on January 4, 2017. It s coming up on 6 weeks, still waiting. They told me the same thing- waiting on parts from Germany. Perhaps Germany operations workers are on strike, no metal is available, or ?. I think this is not the way to take care of your customers. I have contacted them three times for a status with only the response of waiting on parts.

I like the Walther firearms, yet customer support is extremely important for me to be a return customer.

You are not alone

·
Premium Member
13,882 Posts
What part of 'waiting on parts' do you not understand? Customer service can't just poop a part, they've got to wait for the 'mother ship' to send em' across the pond. So, it's NOT Walther customer service, in Fort Smith.....its Walther, Germany.

·
Premium Member
13,914 Posts
What part of 'waiting on parts' do you not understand? Customer service can just poop a part, they've got to wait for the 'mother ship' to send em' across the pond. So, it's NOT Walther customer service, in Fort Smith.....its Walther, Germany.
You make it sound like the tentacle is not part of the octopus.

M

·
Premium Member
13,882 Posts
Well, Fort Smith can't make the worker-bees in Germany work any faster......and they can't make the boat driver set the EOT to 'All Ahead, FLANK'. Fort Smith's hands are tied, while they're waiting on the ship to arrive.

Reminds me of when I was in the Navy.....the old saying 'hurry up and wait'.

·
Registered
9,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,093
From what I read the economy of Germany is booming.....in fact I helped em out a bit last week and bought one of their cars. Crete has another broken slide on his old P22 and has run into new rules regarding shipping gun parts out of Germany and into Greece.. which means...no new slide as of yet....stuff is always changing and I'm not sure what is going on. Parts of the EU are getting iffy and who knows what that is causing.

Of course if you designed and thoroughly tested a firearm before releasing it......there shouldn't be such a scramble for parts. Now that I think about it.....all of the firearms I own never need parts unless I just want to replace a recoil spring here or a trigger group there.....only the Umarex stuff has required frames, slides, springs, etc..

But, others are guilty.....how and why did Remington release the R51. The very early pictures of the CCP clearly showed it was not ready for prime time. Sometimes a good concept just can't be made to work at a certain price point and sometimes a good concept isn't really a good concept.

As much manufacturing history that stands behind Smith and Walther I'm surprised to see the problems we are seeing. In 2017 if you can't manufacture a barrel....buy one from someone who can. And the CCP.....it just looks like a delicate balance to me easily upset with fouling of the piston/cylinder and variables in the weight of different ammunition. I didn't get one although the pistol fits my hand well. 1917

·
Registered
9 Posts
Stand by what you say

48-HOUR SERVICE TURNAROUND

World class service is provided for our Walther customers by the professional group of gunsmiths and gun techs staffed at our facility in Fort Smith, Arkansas. Our goal is to service your firearm and ship it back to you within 48 hours of arriving at our facility.
To contact customer service please call 479-242-8500 Ext 507 or email [email protected].

·
Registered
9,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,095
zuperbal, I must have missed your introduction. Who are you if you don't mind my asking? I mean, what is your job there? Good to hear from you. For what it is worth I always had good service out of Smith, except for the poor .22 barrels that apparently they can't rectify, and have had excellent service out of Ft Smith. Glenn is always a pleasure to talk to. 1917

·
Premium Member
13,882 Posts
48-HOUR SERVICE TURNAROUND

World class service is provided for our Walther customers by the professional group of gunsmiths and gun techs staffed at our facility in Fort Smith, Arkansas. Our goal is to service your firearm and ship it back to you within 48 hours of arriving at our facility.
To contact customer service please call 479-242-8500 Ext 507 or email [email protected].
Its a GOAL.....not a promise.

Heck, its my goal to make a million dollars tomorrow. Wonder if I'll succeed?

·
Premium Member
3,415 Posts
It appears that zuperbal is just reminding everyone that Umarex has this statement on their warranty page.

The thing is.....goal setting including stretch goals should be achievable and just as important a defined timeframe......potentially with sub goals leading to the ultimate objective. Umarex took the easy way out in their statement and no one that I know of has ever stated what the timeframe is. In the case of my PPQ 45 barrel it took them 3-4 days to process it in from the receiving dock to CS just to be put in a box to be destroyed.

1081 - 1100 of 1130 Posts