Walther Forums banner

141 - 160 of 186 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
I put some money down on a new CCP a few days ago (serial#: WK062xxx) then I started reading about all the issues people have had with it. I was a bit worried I just bought a lemon. But it felt just perfect in my hands, looked like a nice size for CC options, so I bought it while holding my breath.

Took it to the range yesterday and tried a number of different ammo brands and types. If I can remember them now ... 115gr fmj Blazer, PMC, a local brand, might have been a few Remington in there, Federal. Also tried 124gr fmj Armscor, and 115gr jhp Winchester.

120 rounds in total - 0 failures of any kind, ran perfect.

The last 6 magazines I put thru one after the other and the front top side of the trigger guard area (just under the gas chamber) did get pretty hot.

So far tho ... I'm happy with it. Time will tell how it holds up with further use.

Update 10-22-16: 300 more rds thru it, mostly a local brand, 115gr fmj. Also now some Sellier and Bellot, 115gr fmj, and some American Eagle 147gr. Still, not 1 failure, going good.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I just tried 50 Federal aluminum cased ammo and 50 brass and no issues. I've lost count but over 300 now and only one failure to extract in the first 2 magazine at the beginning. It runs like a top.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I think the newer models have had some improvements made to them. Mine (WK 034xxx) is very, very sensitive to what ammo is used. In mine, some brands have a consistent 25% failure rate while others run flawlessly.

·
Registered
12 Posts
CCP Ammo Runs

So far, I estimate we have had 4 issues (FTE, FTF, stove pipe) using local range ammo (Midwest @ Point Blank) over the last 200 rounds (a combination of 115 grn and 124 grn FMJ). We have run about 40 rds of Federal HST ( 124 grn) so far
with no issues. Love the feel of the gun. Plan to try some higher quality practice ammo if the local stuff keeps "causing" issues.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Good:
Remington UMC 115 gr 50 rds - 0 fails
Federal American Eagle 115 gr 100 rds - 0 fails
Winchester Target - 115 gr 100 rds - 0 fails

OK:
Fiocchi 115 gr 50 rds - 1 failure to feed. Slide closed but didn't take round with it.
Freedom Munitions 124 gr hallow point reman 50 rds - 1 fail to feed jammed on ramp 1 fail to eject

Bad:
Freedom Munitions 115gr reman 100 rounds - First ammo through gun did not accurately track issues. 1 Slide lock, multiple failure to eject. If I had to guess probably 20+. Gun had excessive oil when I purchased it that could have added to the problem. I will try again and update.
PMC 115 gr 30 rds - 6 fail to eject 2 fail to feed 1 fail to fire

·
Registered
12 Posts
After 400 to 500 rounds I find the following (new gun, 2016 born date; 55xxx serial number).
Good:
Blazer Brass-cased 115 grain FMJ,
Blazer aluminum-cased 115 grain FMJ,
Tula Maxx brass 115 grain FMJ,
Winchester white box 115 grain FMJ,
Winchester Target 115 grain FMJ,
Hornady Critical Defense,
Winchester SXZ 115 grain JHP, and American Eagle Syntech.
No problems whatsoever with these rounds.

Bad:
One weak cycle causing a failure to set the striker with a Federal HST round,
Multiple failures (FTE, Stovepipes, Slide fails to close) on Winchester Forged-Steel-Case 115 grain FMJ rounds bought in bulk.

So far, not a bad experience.

·
Registered
6 Posts
59000 series CCP - brand new. I fired 100 rounds of Winchester 115 grain FMJ target and 20 rounds of Speer Gold Dot 124 grain +p with no problems.

·
Registered
11 Posts
44000 series that I picked up new this week. Fresh out of the box with 100 rounds of Blazer Brass 115 FMJ with no issues. Mostly 5 rounds at a time, and a few full mags. Cleaned and ready for another day at the range. So far, so good.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just got onto this forum today because I just got a new Walther CCP. I already havery a PPX and loved how accurate it was and now giving it a go on the CCP. Going to go put some rounds in it in about 30 mins. Can't wait!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Another 100 rounds of blazer brass with no issues. Date night tomorrow with my wife, where we'll fire Winchester USA target, federal champion and more blazer.

·
Registered
11 Posts
100 rounds of Federal champion with no issues. 50 rounds of Winchester USA target - seems to shoot quite dirty - 2 FTF, well... 1.5 as one slid into the chamber after I released the mag - then a final 30 blazer with no issues. I'll shoot a box of Winchester first next time, while the gun is freshly clean. Worst part was the first F2F happened to my wife who hasn't shot in quite a long time. Not the introduction to our new weapon that I was hoping for.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Had my first two failures last night while shooting some Freedom new 115 round nose ammo. Empty casings just flopping around inside the port. Was it me? Was it the ammo? Not sure; but I ran the rest of the box through my LC9s with no problem and switched the CCP to some 'hotter' Lawman 115 and went through the box without incident.

Oddly, for the first time, I was considerably better with the LC9s than the CCP. I'm still finding proper grips for both; but even when I settled down to concentrate on the bullseye, I was hitting it(or close) more often with the LC9s. NOT that I think I should be hitting the bullseye at 7 yards consistently...that's just not me; but I had 4 touching the bullseye out of the first two mags and no real flyers with the LC9s. The CCP was a bit more 'artistic' with the grouping all around the bullseye and none actually touching it. I'm satisfied with that result but a little surprised. I've got maybe 100 more rounds through the LC9s vs a couple hundred total through the CCP.

By the bye, the slide of the CCP got fairly warm, not bad; while the frame(above the trigger guard and along the rail) was just barely warm...hardly noticeable. It either wasn't getting all that hot or it was cooling quickly while I was shooting one mag through the LC9s for every two mags through the CCP.

·
Registered
13 Posts
ccp ammo

I am a cwp instructor and have had my ccp for about a year it has been sent back 4 times onc for ftf once for fail to feed once for slide seperating from frame upon firing the last time they sent me a new ccp ( supposidly) with a stainless slide . I have read most of the ammo complaints and along with my personal experience have come to the conclusion that the ccp is only good for a paper weight as the replacement has the same problems as the first

·
Registered
25 Posts
I am a cwp instructor and have had my ccp for about a year it has been sent back 4 times onc for ftf once for fail to feed once for slide seperating from frame upon firing the last time they sent me a new ccp ( supposidly) with a stainless slide . I have read most of the ammo complaints and along with my personal experience have come to the conclusion that the ccp is only good for a paper weight as the replacement has the same problems as the first
Sorry to hear that! Other than the incident mentioned above, I've not had any issues with the CCP in a couple hundred rounds of mixed ammo.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Remington UMC 115 GR FMJ Nightmare

Was seduced by the recent ammo promotion whereby Remington was giving a huge rebate on purchases (almost 40% discount after rebate) so I loaded their 115 Gr FMJ into the CCP. It was a disaster. The CCP could not fire twice in a row. There were a variety of Failures to Load, Failures to Fire, Stovepipes, etc. The ammo worked fine in my PPQ. However, it was a total disaster in the CCP.

·
Premium Member
13,720 Posts
Was seduced by the recent ammo promotion whereby Remington was giving a huge rebate on purchases (almost 40% discount after rebate) so I loaded their 115 Gr FMJ into the CCP. It was a disaster. The CCP could not fire twice in a row. There were a variety of Failures to Load, Failures to Fire, Stovepipes, etc. The ammo worked fine in my PPQ. However, it was a total disaster in the CCP.
Maybe its just crappy ammo. How dose the pistol work with other brands?

·
Registered
25 Posts
I've had good luck with the earlier Rem UMC deals; but I've lately experienced some bad luck with Freedom(new) and Blazer 115. Seems the CCP really likes the 124 and 147gr rounds, but isn't happy with 115 so much. In fairness to the pistol, the Blazer wasn't all that great in the LC9sPro either.

The Rem UMC does seem to be dirtier than many others; but that's not a bad trade-off for the deals they've had recently. No free lunch, as they say;)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Update... one month and 1000 rounds of various ammo: blazer brass, Winchester USA target, federal champion, s&b 124, hornady critical defense, Speer gold dot 124, Speer lawman, hot shot 124, and magtech. 4 FTF (2 on initial mag load), 1 misfire (light primer strike) and 3 FTE. All the failures except the misfire came after at least 100 rounds into the session. CCP was cleaned and lubed after every trip to the range. That equates to 0.8% failure rate. As long as the failures don't happen when I need the weapon the most, I guess that rate is acceptable. My new shield 9mm had 10+% failure rate in the first 80 rounds - slide locking back ("jammed" all the way back). We'll see if the shield lives up to expectations when I get it back from S&W. For now, I'll keep shooting the center out of the target at 20 feet with every box of 50 I shoot ;)

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm up to approximately 500 rounds of various ammo - including target re-loads sold by the range - without a single problem with my 59xxx series CCP. I mentioned this in another post, but will repeat it here as merely a suggestion. This pistol needs very, very little lubrication. Oil will cause all kinds of problems, especially if it gets on the magazines. Check out this video by GunBlue490 on YouTube:

141 - 160 of 186 Posts