Walther Forums banner

41 - 60 of 180 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Hi KenG. How many rounds total do you have on your CCP? Maybe the gun is still a little tight. I had issues with Perfecta on mine during first 200 or so rounds: stovepipes, jams, failure to cock striker. No issues with Winchester or Corbon. Oddly (or maybe not oddly), after I shot a box or two of +P ammo, the gun started running fine with Perfecta. My guess is it finally got loose enough to work well with the weaker Perfecta. I think these CCPs vary in tightness/smoothness when new and some work fine out of the box with most ammo, while others take a while to break in and won't run well with some ammo until they do.

·
Registered
2 Posts
New CCP picked up today. 30 rds of Fiocchi 115 gr FMJ, No fails. 30 rds of Blazer Brass 115 gr FMJ, 1 fail (stovepipe). Freedom Munitions 115 gr RN, multiple fails, FTE Stovepipes and FTF. was getting 4-5 fails pr nag from this ammo. quit using after 24 rds. This was their new ammo, not reloads.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Do not use Herter ammo from cabelas. They over load their ammo and I suspect it is close to +p+. Over the weekend, I was shooting at my friend's backyard. No problem with blazer 115 gr 9mm. But, on last round of 3rd magazine, my ccp broke on the hook (part 19) and slide just fly off forward. After I return home and inspect the ccp, it also broke the locking catch. Sending my ccp in for warranty repair. Will see how good is walther service.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Wow, sorry to hear that. Walther said they were out of locking catches when I called last week, but maybe they keep a dedicated supply for repairs.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Remington (UMC) Green & White box 100 round value packs, 115 GR. JHP., lot # 23753 L9mm1B. The right overall cartridge length, feeds and ejects 100%, slide locks back after last round, on my 3rd box of these and will stock up on these as I trust them to feed, fire, and eject all the time!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Wow, sorry to hear that. Walther said they were out of locking catches when I called last week, but maybe they keep a dedicated supply for repairs.
Nope, they are still out of the locking catch. I can shoot my ppq, p99as, ppk, 2 HKs, Steyr M9 and couple of berettas.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Do not use Herter ammo from cabelas. ...
Well that sucks. I've never used Herter's but I am not sure it's the culprit. It's possible, but I read somewhere that Herters is just rebranded Sellier & Bellot, Tula or Prvi Partizan, none of which is particularly hot ammo. I suspect your locking catch was defective and was going to break regardless of the ammo type. Just speculation, though. Hope you can get a replacement soon.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Herter is rebranded h&b. I say it is the ammo because I was also shooting my ppq that day and Herter ammo kick a lot more than I know. I guess it could be a bad load. Also, the bullet is brass, not copper jacketed. No more Herter ammo for me.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Geezzz don't wear it out, it is not a range gun, it is a carry gun. I bet that most folks on here on any forum for self-defense has ever put that many rounds down range ... period. Most carry folks find a gun, shoot a box, and carry. The next time they shoot it is many years later...
I would hope you're talking out your rear about a Walther product. Mine is two weeks old and has over 400 rounds through it. I have shot it 3 different times and cleaned it each.

Winchester 115 grain works well. Most of the rounds have been Federal 115 grain aluminum casings. I have had the slide lock back a few times and 1 stove pipe. Since my PPQ has had the federal ammo lock the slide back a few times too, I have concluded that it's the ammo.

·
Registered
229 Posts
At the NRA show this year I asked one of the Walther reps (can't remember his name) if Walther had done any failure-rate tests on the CCP. All he would say was "it has a lifetime warranty." But yeah, a SD gun should be able to handle thousands of rounds without wearing out. A box or two of ammo once a year isn't enough practice for SD carry, IMO.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Failure test rates are conducted on all Walther firearms. The acceptable failure rate/ration is less that 1%. This means that there is an acceptable failure of once cartridge per 100 shots fired. This takes into account any considerable number of factors - from shooter experience to ammunition variability to environmental factors such as a hot day and cold day. We do not post our testing criteria as it is proprietary but each Walther is held to this standard as a minimum. I hope this helps, and safe shooting!

Everett Deger
Director of Marketing
Walther Arms Inc.

·
Registered
616 Posts
I was only able to find lifespan requirements for the P99Q, P99DAO and P99AS, which according to the Walther site in Germany "were developed strictly in accordance with the requirements of the German Police University (DHPol)"

In section 2.1 of this document (in German):

Technische Richtlinie (TR) Pistolen im Kaliber 9 mm x 19 Stand: Januar 2008

It seems to require a minimum life of 10,000 rounds for the main parts and 5,000 rounds for wear parts.

Maybe someone who reads German better than I do can confirm this.

Based on anecdotal evidence from this forum, the CCP appears not to be held to this standard.

·
Registered
229 Posts
100 rounds of Speer Lawman 124gr TMJ. Zero problems. Relatively clean shooting and very accurate. Only unusual thing was some small pieces of copper jacket that I found inside the frame just forward of the gas cylinder. Not a problem per se, but only time I've seen that.

Attachments

·
Registered
616 Posts
Do not use Herter ammo from cabelas. They over load their ammo and I suspect it is close to +p+. ...
Cabelas does not list the Herter's muzzle energy, only velocity:

Muzzle velocity: 1280 FPS

but it is re-branded S&B 115 FMJ (SB9A?), which according to Midway:

Muzzle Velocity: 1280 fps
Muzzle Energy: 418 ft. lbs.

compared to Winchester white box:

Muzzle Velocity: 1190 fps
Muzzle Energy: 362 ft lb

Edit update:

The S&B USA site has S&B 115 FMJ (V310452U) as:

Muzzle Velocity: 1,237 fps
Muzzle Energy: 391 ft. lbs.
+P Ammunition: NO

Maybe this is a new lighter load?

·
Premium Member
13,914 Posts
The figures are unreliable. If you really want to know what velocity you are getting out of it when it's fired in your CCP --and how consistent it is-- run it through a chronograph.

M

·
Premium Member
13,914 Posts
Failure test rates are conducted on all Walther firearms. The acceptable failure rate/ration is less that 1%. This means that there is an acceptable failure of once cartridge per 100 shots fired. This takes into account any considerable number of factors - from shooter experience to ammunition variability to environmental factors such as a hot day and cold day. We do not post our testing criteria as it is proprietary but each Walther is held to this standard as a minimum. I hope this helps, and safe shooting!

Everett Deger
Director of Marketing
Walther Arms Inc.
I note that this fellow is the head of Marketing.

It's just hopeless.

M

41 - 60 of 180 Posts