Walther Forums banner

21 - 40 of 180 Posts

·
Registered
9,555 Posts
I think there is a lot of truth to that Wildbill...guess there is good news and bad news there. People need to train, keep their self protection firearm clean and lubed and with fresh ammo. On the other hand...it is good that most people will never need to use a firearm for self defense. I'm gaining on you guys, bought my new pistol Friday. Put 400 rounds through it this afternoon. :) M1911

·
Registered
51 Posts
Some ammo no go

Got "E" mail for Walther and they said some ammo does not work.
Here is my findings.

Freedom Munitions 115gr FMJ slide will not lock back after last round 6 different times and ammo very dirty.

Perfecta 115 gr FMJ Brass case 50 rds 0 issues
Winchester 115 gr FMJ 36 rds 0 issues
HPR 124 gr JHP 16 rds 0 issues ( gun loves this ammo and very clean)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Updated counts on original post

Updated round count on first post. Received 2 new magazines from Bud's last week. Tested them out today, both fed perfectly and locked back after the last round on the empty chamber.:)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Update Serial # 87XX. 500 rounds down range for practice as this is my first pistol. Still using Winchester White Box 115gr FMJ target. 1 Stovepipe on the first round. Forgot to bang the mag, I think. Put it back in the next mag first and it fired fine. Love this little pistol now that I'm used to the trigger pull, put on a larger grip and changed the front sight to the lower one. Still don't feel like I'm getting enough meat on the bone with my weak hand but will keep trying different grips.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I suck so I want to get better. Dry firing isn't fun.
Hot tip: If you get a Laserlyte (or equivalent) laser trainer, that fits into the bore of your weapon (be sure you get the appropriate size for your barrel).

When you pull the trigger of a cocked weapon, the red laser shows you where a round would've impacted and secondly, how steady you are. These are two important facets of dry-firing and mastering them will pay off at the range and save you a bunch of money on bullets. The bullets are simply a way to field-check the effectiveness of dry-fire practice. With some diligence, you should see dramatic improvement and then dry-firing gets a lot more fun. :)

I found one of these locally at Cabela's, but Amazon's another source if you can't find one locally.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Federal Estate (champion) 115gr 100rds 0 fails
American Eagle 115gr 150rds 3fails (2 stovepipes)
PMC bronze 115gr 100rds 0 fails
Reminton 115gr 150 rds 0 fails (dirty as hell)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Update Serial # 87XX. 500 rounds downrange with 1 stovepipe as previously mentioned. Add 500 more rounds down range. 0 issues. Total 1000. Still using WWB 115gr FMJ target.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Update Serial # 87XX. 250 rounds downrange with 1 stovepipe as previously mentioned. 0 issues since the 1 stovepipe. Total 1250. Still using WWB 115gr FMJ target. Took my 42, 43 and CCP to the range today for comparison. GBB makes the CCP feel like the 42. Marked difference between the CCP and 43. Haven't noticed any strange marks on the CCP internals though a few spots accumulate fouling which is very hard to remove. Trigger pull on the 43 and CCP is the same, but the lag is different and the 43 is smooth. Prefer the 43 pull over the CCP though I'm used to it after so many rounds. If I could change it, I would.

Going to try some different CC ammo next week, probably Winchester.

Probably in the minority especially since I haven't had any issues, but I like the CCP. The only things I would change is the trigger and the lack of accessories.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Blazer Brass 115gr - 200 rounds - 0 fails

1st time at the range with this gun. All rounds fired within a 40 minute time frame. After 30 minutes, the gun was very hot -- so hot, it was difficult to keep my finger on the trigger.

·
Registered
39 Posts
My LGS gave me a 50-rd box of Fiocchi 115-gr 9AP FMJ to try in my 61xx CCP, just to see if it would perform better than the various other ammo I'd previously tried. It was marginally better, in that the only malfunctions I experienced were a premature slide lock-back prior to firing the last round of the first magazine (FTL). All the rest were trouble-free. But, since I've had many other malfunctions with a variety of good-quality factory ammo (no aluminum, steel, or reloads), I'm convinced that the CCP, as presently being sold, will never be a trustworthy CCW for me.

I'm pleased for those who find it reliable. I have not, which is a shame because it feels wonderful in my hand. But, for me, that's lipstick on a pig. And, I'll NEVER accept another gun with a trigger that bad, right out of the box.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Up to 1500 rounds now. Getting hard to keep track. Very fun to shoot and not as hard on the hands which is great for practicing. Still no issues other than the single stove pipe early on. Taking it apart and putting it back together is second nature now. Took off the grip glove since it wasn't needed after all.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Walther customer service recommend I try Winchester white box, bought the ammo just haven't had a chance to shot my CCP.:mad:

·
Premium Member
6,722 Posts
I'm well over 250 rounds on my new CCP firing 115 grain WWB range ammo and Federal Classic JHP. I'll be firing another 250 of rounds of 124 grain this weekend. So far the gun has operated perfectly...no break-in issues.

·
Registered
34 Posts
First time firing it I used Federal aluminum 115 grain. Stove pipes galore. Shot about
20 rounds.
Then shot 150 ZQI 124 grain with no problems

Today 50 Perfecta 115 grain with no issues
1 Federal aluminum and it stove piped not sure if it weak ammo or expands to much
On firing
Also launched 200 rounds of ZQI with 2 FTF near the end of the set.
Will try another ammo later
This stuff is DIRTY

21 - 40 of 180 Posts