Walther Forums banner

181 - 186 of 186 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
I think we can benefit each other by telling everyone what we've used and how reliable it was. Post it up! Also moderator can I get a sticky?

Range
Good
Lawman 115gr 50 rds 0 fails
Federal 115gr 100 rds 0 fails
Federal Champion 115gr 50 rds 0 fails
Sellier & Bellot 115gr 50 rds 0 fails
Black Hills 115gr 20 rds 0 fails
Gecco 124gr 50 rds 0 fails
Armscor 124gr 50 rds 0 fails
Asym 147gr 50 rds 0 fails

Bad
Magtech 115gr 50 rds 1 fail
Detroit Bullet Works 115gr 50 rds 1 fail
Winchester White Box 115gr 50 rds 2 fails
HPR 115gr 50 rds 4 fails
American Eagle 115gr 200 rds 6 fails
PMC Bronze 115gr 50 rds 6 fails
Stand 1 Armory 115gr 100 rds 10 fails
Remington 115gr 100 rds 12 fails
Blazer Brass 115gr 100 rds 16 fails

Ugly
Fiocchi 115gr 50 rds Full Lockup, 2 fails
Lapua 123gr combat 12 rds Full lockup, 2 fails

Self Defense
Winchester PDX1 124gr +P 20 rds 0 fails
Hornady Critical Defense 115gr 20 rds 0 fails
Sig Sauer V Crown 124gr 20 rds 2 fails
Asym Tactical 124gr +P 20 rds 6 fails
WOW! A few 100 rounds of Sig Sauer V Crown 124gr through my CCP M2, ZERO FAILS, my round of choice.

New CCP M2, I wonder what the difference is?

David

·
Registered
6 Posts
WOW! A few 100 rounds of Sig Sauer V Crown 124gr through my CCP M2, ZERO FAILS, my round of choice.

New CCP M2, I wonder what the difference is?

David
Thanks David. It is clearly the ammo. Light loads aren't cycling it fast enough. I thought it might be magazine spring related, or grip, but the stovepipe issue disappeared when I went up to the price range. Remington Golden Saber BJHP ran 350 rounds failure free. Had to put it down at that point as she was getting too hot to hold comfortably. 100+ Gold Dots have also fed without issue.

Stay safe out there and be good, AB

·
Registered
6 Posts
New owner of CCP M2 9MM

Shot my first 50 rounds of Winchester "USA Ready" (red box) 115gr. Zero fails.
Yeah those first 50 feel nice. Glad you used hot enough rounds that you didn't have any feed issues.

Not sure what you think about the stock sights, but I got Birchwood Casey Super Bright Touch-Up Sight Pens. I first put two layers of white to fill in those deep pits (using a toothpick), with an overnight curing to make sure each layer was set. Then I added two more layers of the Fluorescent Red, again with an overnight curing between each to make sure the layers were set. Didn't want them popping out while firing or when cleaning.

I wasn't happy with the Neon Green, but it came in the kit and at some point it may come in handy.

Also, I spend a LOT of time dry firing to work that trigger in. The mechanism is grabby about 3mm into the draw, but I've found that with ample (not slimy) lube and enough dry firing + range time it has improved remarkably. It's nowhere near what S&W or Sig feel like, but it's better than factory now. The reset is still realllllly long compared to Glocks and others, but I'm not using this for competition or for combat. It's a small enough little pkg for daily carry, which is what I want.

Final thought. I wanted to add a laser but the IWB's for the laser installed is pricey. With the sights looking much better after the paint job, I'm comfortable enough with running it stock.

Let me know what issues you're finding, and very happy to hear from all the CCP owners.

Be good and stay safe!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yeah those first 50 feel nice. Glad you used hot enough rounds that you didn't have any feed issues.

Not sure what you think about the stock sights,
Also, I spend a LOT of time dry firing to work that trigger in.
Let me know what issues you're finding, and very happy to hear from all the CCP owners.

Be good and stay safe!
When I chose the handle...JustLearnin...I meant exactly that. I did a bit of trap and skeet shooting and little bit bird hunting with an inherited shotgun, and have shot some buddies long guns at ranges, but this is my first experience with a pistol (I have taken a handgun class that local range recently).

So, before I change/modify sights, I need to learn how to use the damn thing properly. I was practicing with a target that had 4 small bullseyes on it, and as I was using the sites was consistently hitting about 6 inches below where I thought I was aiming (at about 5-7 yards). Lots of work to do there, but with the availablity and cost of 9mm ammo, that might take a while. :)

As for dry firing. I had the CCP for about a month before I was able to go to the range. As I got familiar with it, including taking apart, I did some dry firing. Not excessively, but a fair bit. On one of those (the last :)) a little piece of metal popped out. It turned out to be the metal "fin" on the striker that slides into the groove on the slide. Walther tech's were super friendly and sent a new one gratis, and it was an easy fix.

But, it makes me wonder about dry firing, so I have ordererd some dummy rounds. I had selected the CPP based on a variety of reviews, and only found this forum after purchase. I might have had second thoughts after having read through some of the posts. And the striker failure, gives me some pause. But, I do like the way the gun feels, now just need to learn to aim.

·
Registered
6 Posts
When I chose the handle...JustLearnin...I meant exactly that. I did a bit of trap and skeet shooting and little bit bird hunting with an inherited shotgun, and have shot some buddies long guns at ranges, but this is my first experience with a pistol (I have taken a handgun class that local range recently).

So, before I change/modify sights, I need to learn how to use the damn thing properly. I was practicing with a target that had 4 small bullseyes on it, and as I was using the sites was consistently hitting about 6 inches below where I thought I was aiming (at about 5-7 yards). Lots of work to do there, but with the availablity and cost of 9mm ammo, that might take a while. :)

As for dry firing. I had the CCP for about a month before I was able to go to the range. As I got familiar with it, including taking apart, I did some dry firing. Not excessively, but a fair bit. On one of those (the last :)) a little piece of metal popped out. It turned out to be the metal "fin" on the striker that slides into the groove on the slide. Walther tech's were super friendly and sent a new one gratis, and it was an easy fix.

But, it makes me wonder about dry firing, so I have ordererd some dummy rounds. I had selected the CPP based on a variety of reviews, and only found this forum after purchase. I might have had second thoughts after having read through some of the posts. And the striker failure, gives me some pause. But, I do like the way the gun feels, now just need to learn to aim.
Good info. That's very odd for a Walther to have a build quality issue or parts failure like you described. It's one of the reasons I chose this little pkg (besides the grip, easy charging and soft recoil for my ladies' smaller hands). I found this forum post-purchase too, and it's nice because the CCP and CCP M2 isn't a super high volume unit. We're a relatively small user group.

Keep us posted on your subsequent range experiences, and once you've figured out that shot grouping challenge send an update!

Attachments

181 - 186 of 186 Posts