Walther Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
LGS has CCP in the case for $399. I'm temped as I'm looking for a concealed carry/pocket gun. It felt good in hand, trigger wasn't great but not like the one on my Astra 600 (the "Pipe Wrench" and a long time gone), slide racked nice and easy (getting ready for my old age), I like the manual safety, and I'll give the soft recoil a try. Dated "BF" so it's 2015 and first gen.

My questions:
1. Is that a fair price OTD? Gunbroker has em sold for around $460.

2. How bad is it really? I'm going to discount all the complaints about the takedown tool, I'll never field strip it in the field so I don't mind the tool. Trigger ain't great but read a thread about making it "smooth as butter" and that sound do-able. There were a few other issues, but they aren't a deterrent. I've got/had a bunch of Wathers both traditional and plastic but now down to 2 P1s, a P4 and a P5. (And is the recall a real thing or the lawyers being lawyers?)

So wadda folks think? (My others options are a Shield but it's really stiff and crappy M1 trigger; PPS, Beretta APX. or something in a small Taurus. I guess a Sig 365 should be in the mix but I don't want to spend $600 on it.) Pertsonally, I really like Walthers.

0608211225_HDR.jpg
0608211225a.jpg

·
Registered
96 Posts
I can't tell you what your experience will be with that particular gun.
I have a CCP M1 and I have had no issues with mine. That said, I did buy mine off someone who said it had function issues. An honest admission. I paid $100 for mine with a IWB holster.
I think the previous owner was somehow limp wristing it even though they said they weren't.

I did send mine back to Walther in Ft. Smith for the recall. I will say the customer service was excellent. A 1 week R/T turnaround.
I also contacted them about a revised takedown tool and they sent one to me for free.

One feed issue when on the first range trip. Nothing since with a few hundred rounds through it. Using 115 gr. FMJ ammo multiple manufacturers.

Pricing is average to me. Covid ramped up a lot of the prices. Getting ammo is more of an issue in my area.

Takedown is a non issue for me. After a few times, it becomes easy.

After about 150-200 rounds the gas tube area in front of the trigger guard will get noticeably warm.

It's a nice gun in the hand. It is about the same size as my Ruger LC9S Pro and EC9S.
The Ruger's get conceal carried more since the wife and I can use the same mags.

Overall, I think it is a decent handgun and I trust mine.

waltherccp4.jpg

size comparison :

ccp1.jpg

ccp2.jpg

·
Registered
48 Posts
A few years ago I bought a CCP M2 the owner had put about 50 rounds through for $375.... including a kydex IWB holster and extra mag holder. The ergonomics of the CCP (I believe) are second to none. The only disappointment to me was the OEM sights Walther put on the gun...they are pathetic though that was an easy fix as there are a couple options available now for after market night sights. Also, once I installed the night sights I discovered I could just about drive a nail with the CCP.

Short coming (you might say) with the CCP is heat build up on the range after running a few mags through it.... but that’s the "nature of the beast" for a gas blow back firearm. There is a propensity for powder caking on the gas piston that I think demands regular cleaning to ensure reliable operation. If what you are looking at is the M1 version, it’s my perception that model is not as desirable due to having to have the "key" in order to field strip the weapon.

I’d offer that based on today's market conditions, 400 bucks is not out of line for a used CCP...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just to close this out, I did a bunch of research, posted a similar query about the CCP in a couple of other gun forums and decided: Not to Buy It.

But they had a "classic" PPS in the case and now I'm just waiting for my background check here in WA state. I bought it. It felt real good in my hand, had upgraded sights, and was in very good shape. $479 OTD seemed a fair price.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Took a PPQ 45 acp in trade back in November last year....had a really good feel to it and one of the best OEM triggers out of the box I’ve come across.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2,205 Posts
I'd pass on that 1st Gen CCP. There were lots of reports of issues with the 1st Gen guns.

It might work out or it might not.

·
Registered
337 Posts
CCP M2 or nothing... Why gamble?

Reactions: Jimmo952

·
Registered
78 Posts
Bought the first CCP to come into town. It's never failed after the first 50 rounds of break in. Before and after recall. Of course, people with issues gripe about them more than people who don't have any. Smart move to pass on it and let someone else have a shot, they'll love it.

Jeff

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
If you're not hung up on 9mm, brand new CCP M2 380's are in the $400-450 range on Gunbroker. That's my wife gun. Great shooter.

·
Registered
3 Posts
380 ACP is a great gun imho.
Searching for Walther CCP M2 on a gun deals gives you quite a few hits but I would go with reputable store and tbh nothing to loose with Walther 30 day money back.
Extra magazines on eBay available

1 - 11 of 11 Posts