Walther Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my CCP M2 out of my safe today to show it to my son-in-law. I removed the magazine and attempted to rack the slide to remove the round in the chamber.

There IS a round in the chamber, the red dot shows the gun is ready to fire but I cannot move the slide at all. It is like it is completely locked up.

Anybody see this? What is the "fix"?

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
It happened to me twice.
I had to use a lot of force to open the slide. I was a little concerned over a possible discharge, so I took it outside and pointed it towards the ground while doing it.
I did send it to WA with a note to the smiths on what it was doing, but I don’t think they fixed the problem because it happened again after its return from WA.
I still have a doubt if it has to do with the type of ammo. I was using Federal Hydro-Shok in all instances. I will have to see if it happens with other type/brand of ammo. If it happens again, I will send it back to WA again.
Meanwhile, ethically, I cannot sell it to anybody now, knowing it is a problematic model. I wish I wouldn’t have bought it.

·
Registered
9,927 Posts
I still have $100 for a bad one. I want one with all the problems. Won't carry it but I will do a feature thread on all I see that needs adjusting. With pictures of course. 1917

·
Registered
9,927 Posts
On the originals there was an issue with the firing pin block dropping out of position and the striker spring kinking/binding. Not sure what would cause this in the 2nd model. I don't have one to experiment and explore with. I will purchase one cheap expecting it to not work 100%....in fact, that is the one I want. 1917

·
Premium Member
3,415 Posts
Of course the first step is to contact Ft Smith and let them make the step 2 decision. I am unfamiliar with the M2 but it appears that the only difference is the rear plate on the M2 vs the use of a tool to release the striker spring. The new design should eliminate the issue of the striker spring becoming entangled on the counter plate since it no longer exists. That leaves the possibility of the striker safety (FPB) pin failing and dropping the safety down which will result in the lockup condition you describe.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, I took the magazine out and slammed the open butt down against my open palm a few times. Whatever was causing it to lock up came loose, now I can rack the pistol at will.

I know how steamburn feels ....

·
Registered
9,927 Posts
$100......😐 The next step would be to take a careful look at what might lock the slide. Recoil spring....noooo. Piston....nooooo. Magazine.....nooooo. Cartridge jammed into chamber, extractor caught on it.....possible. As I recall on the original pistol the firing pin block could drop out of position and then keep the slide from closing. Might be wrong, but seems it was shown hanging down and caught against the rear system housing while the slide was back. Anyway, I'd be having a good look at exactly what under the hood could possibly lock my slide up and also drop a round into the chamber to see how it fits...should plop right in. If you kept that one that was in the chamber while it was stuck inspect it for scratches, etc. 1917

·
Registered
9,927 Posts
BTW, does the red dot show that a round is in the chamber or simply that the striker is cocked. I know the pistol can chamber a round and not cock the striker. The first test I'm going to perform on one is to drop the pistol on its rear end, loaded, striker not caught and see if it fires. Yeah, I'll make a guide to maintain the fall position, only one round in it, string to release it while I'm on the other side of a 4' Oak tree. Will it go bang..????..if so, it the position of the safety lever won't matter. 1917

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
I tried today putting different brands of ammo into the chamber and all except one had a perfect fit.
IMI Razor Cut went in but not totally. I had to push it in with my thumb and I felt as if the bullet was getting into the rifling. But no. I had to apply some leverage with a stick of wood to pull the round out. On closer examination with a magnification lens, I observed that the rim of the case was crimped against the bullet and there was clearly “new” metal around the rim. Afterwards, I found some minuscule brass shavings inside the chamber.
That matches well with my experience at the range where IMIs failed to eject twice in one magazine full.
I have put about 200 rounds through it so far. I will do another 200 through and will re-evaluate.

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
“does the red dot show that a round is in the chamber or simply that the striker is cocked.?”
It only shows it is cocked.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts