Walther Forums banner

CCP M2+ range report

2K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  Redcat94 
#1 ·
Hi all, since I posted last, I added the XS sights Big Dot, and took it to the range. Approx 90 rounds into this single target. Only issue was rounds failing to feed, I had to tap slide in order to make it go.
Head Wood Flooring Helmet Floor
Wood Circle Pattern Symmetry Close-up

See less See more
#2 ·
If the gun is having frequent failures to load there may be a problem with maintenance, technique or the gun itself.

First thing ... try consciously tightening up on the grip or have another shooter fire your gun (I've never had a range officer decline a request to test fire my gun).

If the slide still isn't fully returning to battery I'd field strip the gun and give it another good cleaning (even if you already did) and pay special attention to the slide rails, feed ramp and barrel chamber.
I'd then put another couple boxes of ammunition through it. Maybe try a different manufacturer or grain size (if using 115, try 124 or 147).

If after 200 rounds of a few different types of ammo and a good cleaning the pistol isn't running reliably I'd consider sending it back to Walther. Their pistols generally don't require any significant break in period.

#3 ·
CCP M1 failure to feed solved!!!
I was having issues with the cartridge nose diving into the feed ramp and stopping it from going into battery. I thought it might have been the recoil spring being to weak. If that's is the cause, well this idea solved it. I the feed lips on the magazine was keeping the cartridge from sliding up the feed ramp. I took a Dremel and took off about 3/16 of the lip on each side and it let the cartridge slide up the feed ramps earlier. i put 150 rnds of JHP's down range and not one single failure to feed.

Update as of 11-30-21 This gun has not had one FF since I modified the mags. All types of ammo used!

#4 ·
CCP M1 failure to feed solved!!!
I was having issues with the cartridge nose diving into the feed ramp and stopping it from going into battery. I thought it might have been the recoil spring being to weak. If that's is the cause, well this idea solved it. I the feed lips on the magazine was keeping the cartridge from sliding up the feed ramp. I took a Dremel and took off about 3/16 of the lip on each side and it let the cartridge slide up the feed ramps earlier. i put 150 rnds of JHP's down range and not one single failure to feed.

Update as of 11-30-21 This gun has not had one FF since I modified the mags. All types of ammo used!
Good to know. I’m shooting it again this weekend. If it happens again, I’ll give your method a try…Thank you.

#7 ·
I understand your disappointment... and I'll venture to say the CCP (particularly the M1) doesn't have a particularly great reputation. I don't like to dog on guns I haven't shot, but nothing I've heard about the CCP would convince me to buy one.

Curious... Did Walther offer to have you send the gun in to replace the spring?

Regarding ammo... Winchester white box 115 grain doesn't have the best reputation either... I seldom have problems with this ammo but I also wouldnt completely disregard any pistol that won't run it if I had not tried something different.

I'd see how 124 grain ammo from a different manufacturer performs.

If that doesn't work I'd report back to Walther and insist they inspect the gun and test for function.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.