Walther Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just got a new CCP M2. I decided to shoot a few rounds thru it, nothing but problems, after 3 mags I had 3 rounds that failed to eject at all, 3 times I had a 2 second delay with the slide loading a round. The slide stayed fully retracted for a second or two before it slid forward and loaded the round. Part way thru the 3rd mag the little red button was protruding like it should to indicate it was cocked but the gun would not fire when I pulled the trigger! I gave up and went home an unhappy camper. I disassembled the pistol with it still cocked. The round red plastic on the striker spring was missing, on further inspection I saw that it had broken and a piece of it had lodged in a spot that would not allow the striker spring to release and fire the gun. Whew! Anyone have any of these problems. Can the gun be fired with the red piece of plastic on the end of the striker spring missing?
Watching all the videos and reading reviews I was impressed with what I saw and read. Did I get a lemon or what?

·
Registered
45 Posts
If that was a BNIB pistol, I’d say it sounds like you got either a Friday afternoon or Monday morning gun....I’ve run about 300 flawless rounds through my CCP since new (about a year and a half ago)....as I was reading your post, I was going to suggest a good cleaning and lube but with that piece of the striker broken off....that would be reason to return it to Walther....heck, I might even go back to the store that sold it to me for a replacement....ESPECIALLY if you’ve not run more than a few mags....sheeeeesh!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes BNIB, I am beginning to wonder if the other problems I was having all began with a piece of the broken red cap on the striker spring floating around in there. I have no idea when it broke. Maybe I will get that plastic piece replaced and give it another chance before sending it back. The more I think about it, A piece of loose plastic in the action would certainly mess thins up.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Seems that plastic loaded chamber indicator on the CCP M2 is problematic. Does a tool free takedown have it's drawbacks? No such issue with my M1 model.

I'd contact Walther. They may just send out a new part if you are capable of doing the repair. Looks easy enough to do though.

Loaded chamber/striker removal at 7:48

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will be contacting walther for sure. It should be very easy to replace the plastic piece at the end of the striker spring. I hope that was the cause of my problems. Thanks for the replies.

·
Registered
631 Posts
I will be contacting walther for sure. It should be very easy to replace the plastic piece at the end of the striker spring. I hope that was the cause of my problems. Thanks for the replies.
If you are interested, this thread has a link to the CCP M2 9mm parts diagram:

https://www.waltherforums.com/forum/ccp/114900-help-can-t-find-ccp-m2-exploded-parts-diagram.html

The striker assembly (A7, part no. 508.400.19) is a field replaceable unit with instructions in the user manual.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
walther slow with warranty request

I contacted Walther feb 20th and told the the striker spring sleeve, little red button on the end of the spring, broke and jammed the action after 20 rounds fired in a brand new pistol. They told me that was unusual, but they would send me 2 new ones. Numerous calls to Walther and to this date have received no replacement sleeve. Getting rather discouraged with Walther. Any one have problems with walther shipping out replacement warranty parts?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

When I talked to Walther they said it was shipped the 25th of Feb. Just talked with them again, They are sending another sleeve. Maybe this one will make it to me. Maybe they were waiting for parts and did not say so.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I "misplaced" the little red button yesterday at the range when I took apart the pistol. Gun will fire without it in place, but spring end will jam into the hole causing jamming. I later found the button, but in mean time I had called Walther and they said they would send me 2 replacements. I think they should provide a spare or even 2 in the new gun package.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

I got the striker spring sleeve today, Walther mailed it out on March 10th not 2/25 like they said. I went thru 5 mags with no mechanical problems. The sleeve did not break, so far so good. I had to quit after firing 5 mags though because my finger was numb. The trigger was slapping my finger so hard it was numb after two mags. I assume this is not normal, I never encountered this with a pistol before. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
59 Posts
I've found mine to be very comfortable to shoot, but not particularly accurate (but that could just be me getting used to it...)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
I checked my mail today and the replacement sleeve was in the mail, the mailing date was 3/10 not 2/25 like I was told. I fired 5 mags with none of the previous problems. I had to qiut after going thru 5 mags though. My trigger finger was numb after going thru 2 mags. The trigger was slapping my finger so hard that I quit. I assume this in not normal. I have not had a pistol do that to me before. Any thoughts? thought I forgot to post this reply sorry for the duplicate

·
Registered
45 Posts
I've found mine to be very comfortable to shoot, but not particularly accurate (but that could just be me getting used to it...)
I just installed TruGlo night sights on my CCP and took it to the range to adjust the windage on the rear sight...firing from the "bench position" so the gun would not move when I pulled the trigger I placed 8 of 8 rounds in a two inch pattern at 15 yards....that’s accurate enough for me! JJ

·
Registered
59 Posts
I just installed TruGlo night sights on my CCP and took it to the range to adjust the windage on the rear sight...firing from the "bench position" so the gun would not move when I pulled the trigger I placed 8 of 8 rounds in a two inch pattern at 15 yards....that’s accurate enough for me! JJ

Yep. I'm tempted to put TFO/TFX on mine, but that's 25% of the price of the whole gun. Not sure I'm ready to do that yet, but I'm glad to know that someone else has one that's accurate.

The real truth is that it's probably me. But my PPK/S offhand is amazingly more accurate than my PPSM2 offhand.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've put 300+ rounds through mine, which I purchased new in box.

My initial complaints were:
1) factory sights suck as delivered unless you've got perfect vision
2) reset on the trigger is verrrrrry long
3) trigger action was rather sticky out of the box

My updated impressions are:
1) the trigger reset is something I can learn to live with (practicing dry fire, a LOT)
2) the sticky trigger action can be reduced with ample (but not excessive) lubrication and dry firing + range time
3) using high contrast paints to fill in the holes in the sights helps a LOT
4) this little pistol gets HOT by the end of 100 rounds, especially using HP+ ammo
5) reloads and light loaded 115 ball ammo can stovepipe or fail to fully extract and/or jam because the action is dampened
6) cleaning it is pretty easy, but take care about that pesky red endcap on the spring when releasing the slide because it'll fly across the room
7) extra magazines are $40/ea but the retail box comes with two already

Overall this is a decent little IWB concealed carry or pocket carry. Pricey, but nice quality and excellent grip.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts