Walther Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A quick report on a failure on a new CCP M2 9mm. Took it out of the box and on round #27 the gun failed to fire. The round (Remington UMC) was still in the chamber unfired. Removed magazine and attempted to clear round. Slide would not fully move to rear, nor fully go into battery. Cleared the round and still the slide would not lock back. Carefully field stripped the gun and found the plastic cap on the striker spring, which is supposed to come out before you lift the slide, was completed destroyed and the spring was twisted up as well. The cap was in several pieces! After picking the pieces out I called Walther. Described the problem to a nice lady who told me it was typically the result of improper assembly and they would send me the replacement cap and spring as this was a regular problem. She seemed to think I had caused the problem during field stripping and was a little confused when I explained the gun had failed during the first use on round # 27 and had never been stripped prior to the failure. Anyone have any insight on this problem? I like Walthers and have two PPS and one PPQ that have never had any problems over hundreds of rounds fired.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts