Walther Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a brand new ccp m2. After about 50 rounds in this thing starts to fail to go into battery. After a few more magazines the slide will lock up. It seems that the piston is expanding and getting stuck after it gets hot. I could be wrong on this but that is what it looked like to me. Does anyone have any ideas? I think i will actually try lubricating the piston and see if that helps at all. My wife has an original ccp that runs smooth as butter.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All I can say right now, is do not lubricate that piston, fouling will build up ever faster.
That is exactly what I thought but I am at a loss as to what to try next. I have seen some ppq's on youtube do the exact same thing. I wonder if this is a walther tolerance issue? Tomorrow I will try completely different ammo and see what happens.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So upon further investigation I found the ammo I was shooting had rounds that were so far out of spec they won't even chamber! The brass was reloaded and many rounds contain visible bulges on the brass. Talk about quality control issues from the ammo manufacturer. The ammo with the nickel case is seated properly, the brass case is the defective ammo. I will purchase some new ammo and see how the gun runs.

Attachments

·
Registered
211 Posts
I am glad its poor ammo and not the firearm. I love the ccp, and hate to hear about problems with it. I'm glad that you took the time to diagnose the problem, and not just bash the gun, like sooo many have.
It is essential that with reload ammo, that you take the time to varify, that every round will chamber properly.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Purchased some new ammo and it ran fine. I am not sure why there is so much hate with the ccp. If you tally actual problems and complaints the ppq has more. I own and love both guns and haven't had a serious problem with either.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
The out of spec ammo, what was it?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The out of spec ammo, what was it?
It was ammo inc. There bulk ammo 9mm case. I have never had any issues with their high end stuff like the OPS line. Apparently the bulk ammo uses recycled brass. The other ammo they sell doesn't. I am waiting for an official response from the company. It looks like the brass they used was reloaded too many times, a common issue with 9mm.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So Ammo-inc got back with me and sent me a brand new case of 200 rounds. They treated me well and handled the problem so I will be buying from them again. I love their OPS self defense ammo. I believe this is the same people that were behind HPR ammo for those looking.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts