Walther Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased my p22 in December and have put ~1000 rounds through it. I had only shot CCI mini mags for the first 100 rounds and they jammed up quite often either in the barrel or FTE. I don't have the problem with Federal ammo but right now CCI is the only brand i can find does anyone think this will be a reoccurring problem or was it just the gun getting broken in?

·
Registered
214 Posts
I purchased my p22 in December and have put ~1000 rounds through it. I had only shot CCI mini mags for the first 100 rounds and they jammed up quite often either in the barrel or FTE. I don't have the problem with Federal ammo but right now CCI is the only brand i can find does anyone think this will be a reoccurring problem or was it just the gun getting broken in?
New gun or used? So you are saying it always cycles fine with Federal? Most people seem to have problems with this type of ammo. Since yours seems to like it, I guess we move on to the second part of your post. When you say it jammed up quite often, could you be more specific? Jammed as in a case was stuck in the chamber and the next round was slammed into the chamber face? Are spent cases actually stuck so you needed to pry/push them out? Pics?

·
Registered
9,825 Posts
Welcome to WaltherForums nickschnur. It sounds like you have a dirty chamber. Make sure you clean your mags....inside and out. Proper operation is essential. Next try dropping a round in your chamber. It should fall all the way in. If not try several other rounds....same situation. Give the chamber a really good cleaning....like brass brush type cleaning. Repeat dropping in the rounds. Rounds should easily fall into and out of the chamber. Then report back. You might also look at some of your spent cases to see if they have cracked or have any unusual scratches. Those Feds probably gummed it up with lead.... M1911

1 - 3 of 3 Posts