Walther Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a brick of CCI Blazers 22 LRs @ Kiesler's & that Ammo is Rubbish..
It had problems almost emidiatly with The Walther p22 and had several failures to strip of the second round and the gun is totaly filthy with powder & lead..
Untill now my P22 had been flawless with the Federal Wal-Mart Ammo and CCI Mini Mags & Stingers Never a malfunction..Perfect!!
My tried & true Remington Nylon 66 didn't like the stuff either, It was very weak or underpowered ,It wouldn't cycle the bolt back far enough to strip off the next rounds..
My Ruger MKII Competition Government 6 7/8"Target Model tolerated it but was very inaccurate & is now Filthy Dirty..
The star pistol @ The Range was my H&K P7M8 it was deadly accurate at all ranges fired as always..I Fed it Winchester White Box,My S&W 642-2 was flawless,Aren't All Revolvers!!, but it's trigger is terrible for a Smith & Wesson, Not as Sweet as My Trusty RUGER SPNY SP101..Plus Terrible Magtech Lead Ball in the 38spl,Won't buy it again either!!Rubbish!!
I'm gonna leave the hammer cocked for a while on the Walther P22 and Buy several bricks of the Federal 550 Value packs @ Wally World.
We'll see if it starts to act up again..
Oh & did I forget to tell you all that Range Day Today was a total paradise compared to Louisvilles Traffic & Out of Towners in Limos etc..Today was the Kentucky Derby!! Total Kaos Everywere a pandimonium near Churchill Downs about two miles from my House..
Me and My range buddy sqeezed around 1500-2000 rounds Downrange,Now We both have several Pistols Rifles & Revolvers to Clean...& Alot More Ammo to BUY!~!
Mental Note: Don't Buy That CCI "Blazer" Rubbish Ammo Again..
It's a total waist of Money"Worthless Rubbish!!"

·
Registered
158 Posts
I didn't try the Bazer, but mine malfunctions with the Federal ammo.

Thanks for the heads-up.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I found the exact same results. The CCI blazer stuff DOES NOT work very well ( or at all) with P22s (or mine at least). I haven't tried it with my G22 but the federal stuff works greeat. The CCI s have no jacket where as the federals have a thin copper ( I think it is copper). The soft lead gums up the feeding ramp and everything else it gets near. The ammo leaves a dirty residue also. Just my findings.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts